• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester
      Participant

My buddy wants me to do the footprints from his kid’s birth certificates on him.
      Anyone done them? Are the difficult? Any tips?

leopardprints67
      Participant

@Jester wrote:

My buddy wants me to do the footprints from his kid’s birth certificates on him.
      Anyone done them? Are the difficult? Any tips?

Yeah, I’ve done them. My best advice is to stencil them as close in detail as you can and do it without an outline or use a blood or grey line if you have to. I just make sure I have a really good stencil that doesn’t come off and just use a 7 mg. I fade up to the the wrinkle lines. It just looks more natural and more like someone dipped the baby’s foot in the ink and stamped it on, as opposed to a traced one. They aren’t hard to do, just time consuming making sure you get all of those tiny lines and wrinkles in.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

thats great advice. remember to take your time, and pay attention to detail. maybe do a few sketches of it as if you were tattooing it. this usually helps because you tend to figure out the approach your going to take. when you are happy with the the way the drawing turned out use it as a visual and try to replicate it on the skin.

Jester
      Participant

Thanks guys!! I really appriciate the advice.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan