• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Do you cover your clipcord?

Inksane Gina

Always. And then disinfect it once I remove the cover. :)

mmm yeah

Nightliner
      Participant

yep

xDreamerx
      Participant

clip and head. Then spray machine head down.

jackjacki

I just recently started bagging my machines but it seems like a hassle since I still clean the machines after every tattoo. Why do you say it contaminates them more….! :roll:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

you may not know this, but when you do a tattoo there is microscopic arterial spray that goes ALL over your machine. having a bag over it just keeps blood, and ink off of your machine. Also if you’re like me and bust out 3-6 machines for one piece you are also protecting your machine when you place it down on the table. bagging your machine, and cord every tattoo is the BEST way to do it.
      Also never spray your machine directly. it’s basically clean since it’s bagged. Spray your paper towel with CaviCide or something, then give it a good wipe down.
      Same with the cord. Remove the sleeve, then wipe it down.

I use sandwich bags for my machines. Cut off one of the corners for your tube to come through, and you’re good to go. I use Eikon clip cord sleeves for my clip cord, and I tape them to my cord as I use RCA instead of the conventional bunny ears.

Also make sure your work station is covered with some sort of barrier: barrier film, saran wrap, or alluminum foil.

Spider
      Participant

yes always bag the cord. Even though I wrap the cord around my ring finger which keeps it off the bottom of my hand, (hard to explain but the cord gets wrapped around my wrist then along the back of my hand then around my ring finger, it keeps it out of my way), I do not bag my machine though since I tend to clean them alot and even run em in the dry heat autoclave every now and then. But yes, cleaning the actual machine is a MUST whether it’s a qick spray down and wipe or an actual wash. During some down times I also take my machines completely apart and wash the entire thing and replace any worn parts.

Vory

I always, always always cover my clip cord. However I do not bag my machines. For whatever reason….that isn’t really practiced in California. It seems the bag always gets caught with machine running and I spend more time messing with it than I do tattooing.

Back when I had just started as an apprentice I was yelled at once for spraying downt he machines with Madacide. The alcohol in it gets into the little places in your machine (between washers, coils, etc) and will cause rust. I was told, that at the most you spray some cide onto a paper towel and wipe down the machine. Ideally you use non alcoholic sani wipes.

That’s what I’ve used ever since. One wipe per machine and I can clean them really well without fear of doing long term damage. I also never touch my machines without gloves. I pretend they’re dirty even when they’re not. Could just be my cross contamination paranoia but I don’t think I’ll ever hear my clients complain.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan