• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      SwaggaMuffin

Im looking at renewing my equipment and was wondering if i should stick to coils or change to rotary? because all the pro artist i know all use coils and never used rotarys lol s help would be useful lol

Thanks, Kai

TexasPT

Joe Capobianco uses rotary at times. I think I saw a clip of Mario Barth using one, too. There are actually a lot of guys who do. Doesn’t mean it is right for you…or wrong. I’d say try one and see if you like it. I want to pick up a cheaper one just to try and see what I think.

Mark

SwaggaMuffin

ok sweet, thanks for reply. yeah i was looking at the stealth machines or even buying this kit just to try before i go and change my set up

TexasPT

If you are just adding a machine, why not just buy the stealth for 20 bucks less? That site had hardware so you could rebuild if necessary. (this, I think, is a HUGE advantage over buying something you hve to trash if it breaks) If you need all the other stuff then it may be a better deal to get the kit.

SwaggaMuffin

I’m think I’m going to order the kit its always good to have spare stuff around I’m sure ill find some use for it if I don’t like it lol (be a good doorstop) lol

Viper65

I made the jump and got the Hildebrandt rotary kit. I actually modified it a little bit and swapped out one of the heavy machines for a lighter one and also ordered the Hitman rotary from Valsturd just to see performance. I should have it next week…for those interested ill do a post and review of what i think so stay tuned.!! :twisted:

Viper65

@Viper65 wrote:

I made the jump and got the Hildebrandt rotary kit. I actually modified it a little bit and swapped out one of the heavy machines for a lighter one and also ordered the Hitman rotary from Valsturd just to see performance. I should have it next week…for those interested ill do a post and review of what i think so stay tuned.!! :twisted:

OK……..guess nobody gives a shit about the rotary’s..LOL!!! :mrgreen:

TexasPT

EDIT: Apparently I only thought I typed I was eager to hear…picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. :)

Viper65

make sure it PVC cement thats the best!!!!! LOL

danielboone0

I’d love to hear more about the rotaries. They sound amazing. I just ordered the Hildbrandt mini rotary kit for $100 online. Its a pretty basic kit and doesn’t come with a lot of the stuff I need, but I had a classic Hildbrandt kit with coil machines and some crackhead stole it and pawned it. The police recovered it, but I went ahead and cut my loss. I don’t want to re-use something that a crackhead may have used on an AIDS patient or something. I’m going to start over with a rotary kit. Why not? Something new. I’ll post a review as well. So, even though its a small kit, I hope it will get me started again. Its better than nothing anyways.

Viper65

all the rest aside….I dont know where you live or who you “think” your gonna be Tattooing, but where I live people dont have a sign on them stating whether or not they have HIV/AIDS, Hepititis, or any other disease. I would HIGHLY recommend that you do some research on Blood Borne Pathogens, and reconsider whether this is really for you if that is your main concern…

boaz

ur stop hold up here AIDS HIV if yours talkin like this mate and u dont whant to use a machine that some crack head has used i think u should stop tattooing full stop because u should have learend all u needed to before u pick up a machine .
      Blood Borne Pathogens,cross contamination,sterilisation,when i set up to ink some one i need to think of my and the persons health at the same time. if i have touched more than 2 surfaces even if they were pre sterile i will rewind .
      dos anyone get what i am saying here!!….

Irishjesse

@danielboone0 wrote:

I’d love to hear more about the rotaries. They sound amazing. I just ordered the Hildbrandt mini rotary kit for $100 online. Its a pretty basic kit and doesn’t come with a lot of the stuff I need, but I had a classic Hildbrandt kit with coil machines and some crackhead stole it and pawned it. The police recovered it, but I went ahead and cut my loss. I don’t want to re-use something that a crackhead may have used on an AIDS patient or something. I’m going to start over with a rotary kit. Why not? Something new. I’ll post a review as well. So, even though its a small kit, I hope it will get me started again. Its better than nothing anyways.

I have always been interested in Pro. Rotary machines. I apprenticed years before I ended up in a place where the only type of equipment available were rotary machines (guess where that was….) but have never weilded a professionally Mfg. one how do you like them?

Toombs

@boaz wrote:

ur stop hold up here AIDS HIV if yours talkin like this mate and u dont whant to use a machine that some crack head has used i think u should stop tattooing full stop because u should have learend all u needed to before u pick up a machine .
      Blood Borne Pathogens,cross contamination,sterilisation,when i set up to ink some one i need to think of my and the persons health at the same time. if i have touched more than 2 surfaces even if they were pre sterile i will rewind .

Go easy mate… He said he didn’t wanna use it for a perfectly logical reason so he does know what he’s doing there… As for the 2 surfaces thing.. U should be rewinding after u touch any new surface… Even if it’s presterilzed… We are here to ask and give advice so go easy…

boaz

@Toombs wrote:

@boaz wrote:

Go easy mate… He said he didn’t wanna use it for a perfectly logical reason so he does know what he’s doing there… As for the 2 surfaces thing.. U should be rewinding after u touch any new surface… Even if it’s presterilzed… We are here to ask and give advice so go easy…[/quote

i think u will find that the skin is one surface and the machines is one surface makin 2, so u rewind after 1 mate have u ever finished a tattoo if thats the case. and as for me going easy looks like u just had a direct go at me!!?????

mate i undestand what u mean!

Toombs

Lol forgot to put in artificial in front of surface… Didn’t mean to make it sounds like I was having a go at u tho, sorry mate… But yes I’ve done my fair share of tats

Just to add my .2c to the OP topic, I recently switched from coil to rotary, and find the rotary machine a dream to use. No more hassle of setting up or tuning the machine before using it, just clamp the tube, slap the needle on the peg, lacky band to hold it down, bag it, and you’re good to go. No worries about vibration shifting the screw while working, or the coils magnetizing the armature bar, or any of that bullshit, it literally is just plug and play goodness 8-) I’d advice anyone considering switching, curious about rotaries, or anyone sick of tuning their coil machines, to pick one up and have a go :)

robroy289
      Participant

Me myself, personally i love the challenge of building something, maintaining it’s performance, and putting out a wonderful peace of artwork with it… Rotary machines are nice and easy to use. But what attracted me to the art was that sound and feel the moment i first stepped foot into a Tattoo shop! That HMMMMN, Is very therapeutic… I’m not saying coils are better but it’s Old School all the way for me!!!!!!

ic3qu33n

Ive been running coils for 7 years now. I learned to rebuild them, take them apart and everything. I think that is great start until you can really get straight lines with coils. (due to the vibrations on your hand) I recently bought the Executioner and Assasin Rotary kit and it really bumped my work up just due to the fact that I don’t have to tune in the middle of a session or tweak anything because the vibrations bumped something off. But if you are still struggling with your body art, I’d stick to coils, but if you’re successful and don’t find much progression for X amount of time Rotarys just might be the trick.l

inkster

I have a rotary kit from hildbrandt and as someone mentioned earlier there is no settting up just plug and play. I really like my rotary kit the only problem i have sometimes is needel stabalization someome recomended needel runner so i will look into this. I am also going to get a coil machine just so I can be familiar with both I also heard you can get some that run on compressed air, now I would like to see how that would perform

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Also compressed air machines sound like a dentist drill, and cause MAD client discomfort IMO

im pretty excited for these magnetic drive machines though

leena

Rotary Machines are a wonderful device for tattooing, they work very well. Especially if you are a Veterinarian doing branding or other marking that does not depend on variations of shading or line depth.

tattoosupply

we are professional tattoo supply company,visit our website http://www.worldwidetattoosupplier.com

hope to hear from you soon..

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan