• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester
      Participant

O.K. – My sister asked me question last night that I couldn’t answer.
      A friend of her’s got a wedding band tattooed around his finger.
      After a week and a half, the inside of the finger had faded to the
      point where it was hard to even see. The outside faded about 50 percent.

He had the Artist redo it. Now after a week it’s it’s starting to fade again.
      Not as bad as it did the first time, but the out side is still noticabley faded,
      and the inside is almost gone.

I told her I ask you guys if anybody knew what’s going on.

tat2theEarth

Seems to me like the artist did not penetrate enough skin. I’m no expert by any means, just the first thing that came to mind. I know fingers and hand tattoos are said to be tricky .

Jester
      Participant

Yeah, I’ve heard hat hands are tricky. That’s why I stay away from hand tats.
      I’ve also heard that palm tattoos fade quickly, but a week is rediculous.

Jbeaufosho

I’m just an apprentice, but I’ve done several knuckle (first tier) tats and not
      really had any problems. However I have heard this to be a pretty common problem ESPECIALLY with the inside. it almost always has to be re done a few times. and palms, forget it. they need to.be redone tons of times and even then they tend to fade out completely. Dont know the exact reason but some spots are just like that.

Valencia

I think the ink penetrates the dermis but if you sweat a lot the sweat start to move out the ink off the skin.

M1k3
      Participant

What does your friend do for a living. Inside of hand tattoos usually never last more than a year or two on the most delicae of hands. But of your a dish washer or construction worker, a few weeks is all you can expect. My gf was playing around with my machine and did her fingers and fingertips. Almost completely gone within two months. She redid them and I made her really dig in and still a month In they’d mostly faded. It’s just hands.

Jester
      Participant

I beleive he’s a preacher.
      I’m thinking it’s just poor tattoo work.

Sabio

A Preacher with Ink…Awesome!!!…

I had a similar issue with a friend and after few tries…I changed Ink an bammm!!! works like a champ!!! this tattoo specifically was all Black and Blue… I change ink and use the Kuro-Sumi for the black and the guy is a DJ and do a lot of underground parties so he ask me to do some other details with florescent ink for the black lights of the parties!!! I used Moms Nuclear UV – Blue Smoke… after that… his tattoo in his finger hasn’t fade… now the UV blue I did retouched once 9 months after!!!

Jester
      Participant

I quess that a preacher with ink doesn’t surprise.
      My preacher wheres leather, rides a full dressed
      Goldwing, and has a lot of ink. He has his own
      church, and he’s the reverend for the local chapter
      of the CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Association).
      Absolutely one of the coolest people I know.

Sabio

That’s what I am talking about!!!

We need more people like him to help the tattoo culture take a spin in society for good!!!…too many moralist in this society this days!!!

Invite him to the forums… I bet he will give a nice spin to it!!! and might be able to attract more people…

“Lead Me, Follow Me or Get The Hell out of My Way!!!”
      ~Gen. George Patton, Jr.

leena

As a tattoo artist I advise against it. The underside of your finger will be only noticed here and there at quick glance and no one will really notice it is initials…to them it will look like your finger is dirty with something just like when people do a fine line or small toe tattoo.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It seems that the ink didn’t evaluate properly to the skin this would be reason.

try Irezumi or Kuro Sumi ink they will stay better than say starbrite never had any luck with starbrite near the hands. could also try talens or pelikan but some say they have shellac in them

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan