• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      motleystan

a friend of mine another scratcher was fined 1500 pounds for tattooin from his house.and his equiment conforskated :x :x :x

Lennart82
      Participant

Wow????? wtf???? pardon my language…. Why???

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

id assume because either tattooing from home is illegal, or the individual didn’t take the proper steps to make sure he was doing it withing the guidelines of the law.

Spider
      Participant

It’s different depending on where you are, In my area it is a class b misdemeanor (tattooing without a license) which is a maximum penalty of up to $100 fine and 90 days in jail. Only exception is if you tattoo a minor and don’t have your ducks in a row, THEN it becomes Assault. Sounds like your area is way more strict, which is just even more incentive to do as much of everything the right way as you can.

Infamous
      Participant

Just reminded me to look up the laws in Oklahoma, well punishments more like. At most where I am from it is a 500$ fine apparently. But you can get out of it by arguing that tattoos aren’t “permanent” as defined by the law, since they can be removed via laser treatments, surgeries, certain ointments (Wrecking Balm) and other less civilized methods of removal. *I know this because this is how parlors got away with it BEFORE it was legalized in 2006..

§21841. Tattooing prohibited Definition Exemption.

It shall be unlawful for any person to tattoo or offer to tattoo any person. As used in this section, to “tattoo” means to insert pigment under the surface of the skin of a human being, by pricking with a needle or otherwise, so as to produce a permanent indelible mark or figure visible on the skin. Medical micropigmentation, performed pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Medical Micropigmentation Regulation Act, shall not be construed to be tattooing.

Provided, however, that the provisions of this section shall not apply to any act of a licensed practitioner of the healing arts performed in the course of his practice.

Added by Laws 1957, p. 162, § 1. Amended by Laws 1963, c. 36, § 1, emerg. eff. April 4, 1963; Laws 2001, c. 384, § 10, emerg. eff. June 4, 2001.

§21-841.5. Renumbered as § 1-1451 of Title 63 by Laws 2001, c. 384, § 12, emerg. eff. June 4, 2001.

§21842. Penalty.

Any person violating the provisions of Section 841 of this title shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed ninety (90) days or payment of a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Added by Laws 1957, p. 162, § 2. Amended by Laws 1963, c. 36, § 2, emerg. eff. April 4, 1963; Laws 2001, c. 384, § 11, emerg. eff. June 4, 2001.

motleystan

@Lennart82 wrote:

Wow????? wtf???? pardon my language…. Why???

in the uk its ileagl to charge someone 4 a tattoo if you r unregestered . totally ok if u do it for free stupid init :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also – be sure to check the most CURRENT laws!

http://www.ok.gov/health/Protective_Health/Consumer_Protection_Division/Body_Piercing_and_Tattooing/

I believe it is legal in Oklahoma actually, but I am not a resident of that state. Check w/ legal counsel.

Infamous
      Participant

Oh yeah, I know it is legal now. But it wasn’t legalized until 2006, and was the last state in the union to legalize tattooing. Of course, we did manage to lobby in the Micropigmentologist loophole.

It’s the whole permanent make-up bit and covering up scar tissue and minimizing the appearance of damage on burn victims.

So basically, if you had a scar you could go a micropigmentologist and get a tattoo. By the way, I’m pretty sure micropigmentology is a term that was made up for this law.

Anyways, what I posted excluded “licensed practitioners.” So it is a 500$ fine for non-licensed tattooers and they have to catch you in the act of tattooing to prove you did it anyways.

Lennart82
      Participant

So different. :shock:

In Denmark, all you need is a piss poor chinese kit, and you are ALLOWED to call your self a tattooer………. (and this is by Country law)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan