• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      TMTT_User

Who has used the ink-shots?
      How much ink comes in a “shot”?
      Good results?

alldead

I haven’t used them yet. Although it’s a lot more sanitary, it’s not really as cost effective as a good old fashioned bottle of ink. I intend to try them, although I’d rather get a set of different colors rather than an entire box of one color to be used seldom and I’m 100% faithful to Kuro Sumi lining ink. There wouldn’t happen to be some kind of trial kit to purchase, would there?

not that i know of for sample ink kit of shots – but they are not that expensive. When you figure that ink is cheap anyway. If you are worrying about adding $2-$10 to a tattoo.. then you have ask is the cost worth the concept of 100% disposable tattoo? You can use disposable needle, tube, caps, barrier, gloves, and now ink – it just makes sense. I think Sumi makes shots now too..not sure though. have to research.

alldead

Yeah, Sumi does have outline and wash shots. I’ll definitely check those out.

Aside from cost, a draw back might be a lot of wasted ink if you like to mix your own colors. I know I do. Has anybody been to a shop where they used ink shots?

Clients want to go to a tattoo shop that they feel 100% comfortable with and can trust 100%. I’ve read that going the extra step to wear even a face mask can result in increased business. So concerning cost, using ink shots could definitely result in increased business, especially if it’s a shop policy. But then again many artists make their own inks. I don’t know!

Mid-Evil-Ink

I worked at a shop in Indiana that this chick owned and all she would let me use was ink shots. this will tell you how easy it is to open a shop here is .The shop was also a tannig salon :evil: :o .I got alot of the high class cliantel but let me tell you this chick thought she had it all down to a T. Well I can tell you I hated them I will stick with my guy I buy from. And if you can still find someone that makes ink jump on it. I have been useing the same guy for 6 years and never any varyations in his ink. All lots of ink are spor tested and u can even watch him bottle your ink untill you feel comftable with his ink. Any way Ink Shots are a joke. just pore your ink uot infront of your customer and you will never have a problem.

there is no reason to ever contaminate a bottle of ink, u poor it out before the procedure and then put it away, mine goes right back into my craftsmen tool chest,,cuz ya know its best to keep your ink out of sunlight and other uv sources…ink shots are a waste.

FrancoLewis

What I like about ink shots, it reduces health code issues, relieves cross-contamination, promotes a cleaner appearance and reduces waste and splatter.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan