• This topic is empty.
Viewing 43 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

Now I just bought myself a bottle of Kuro Sumi outlining ink.
      I’ve read a bunch of different places in the net, that this ink is a good deal.

I will give it a go tonight. And tell you guys what I think of it. Its said that this is the blackest of blacks, and that once it heals, it has a black fade, not a green nor blue-ish tone.

But what do you guys think of it?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

their outlining ink actually kind of has a blue undertone i find. i use their outlining ink in my greywashes. I use Intenze Zuper Black for outlining, and black solid fill.

i love Kuro though. they are my go to for shading.

Lennart82
      Participant

A blue? That I didn’t know. Well, I guess I will have to give it a go. And really will try using it as a shader as well. :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Yeah I’ll be seeing my dad today, so I’ll see if I can get some pics of his tats since they are healed.

Lennart82
      Participant

My first go, using kuro sumi.

And I really could shoot myself, for not getting any pictures……..

I did a boring tribal, but this ink, went in very smooth. Only had to go over it once. And used a mag, so only needed to go over the points with a RS5. I’m sold for this.
      Going to do a leg Heart/star/name/curls tattoo this evening, AND I will make a big poster with “TAKE PICTURES” :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

told you :D
      its fantastic
      i want some pics!

Lennart82
      Participant

And now its the day after.
      That costumer last night…. I have never had a more difficult client then that.
      Firstly, when she booked the time, she told me what she wanted, and how she wanted it. So I cooked up a little something. She wasn’t satisfied. And then a new one. Still not. Then she drew something herself, And said it should be like that.
      OKEY..
      Then she arrived, and she had a new idea. The only thing she liked was the writing. (she picked that one out as well) And I made a stencil. BUT the alignment wasn’t for her satisfaction. So I had to cut every name out, and place them the way she wanted it. (Five times I had to redo it)

Then the “tribal” lining came, and I was about to do some free hand… I started out as I always do, sketch up, then with the black as the last thing. I was about to draw the first black line, when she plucked the pen out of my hand, and said, she had a new idea. And then made a bunch of waverly lines. Basically smudging every F…ing thing….. And she told me she was satisfied, and that I could start……..

I was at a point, I didn’t want to argue anymore. I readied all the stuff, and dipped the tip. I asked her, if she were ready, she said yes. (I didn’t ask her if this were her first, she had tattoos all over the place. Each one uglier then the last)
      I started at the outer right side, at the tip. I did one stroke, it was good. Then came in for the next, this one would connect the end tip of the “tribal”. As I moved closer to the tip, she kicked out…. :O Not only did she scare the crap out of me, but that tip, didn’t connect.
      Then she told me, that she were a bit sensitive, and couldn’t control her jumps… And from that point, it went down. Every time I tried to make a fine STRAIT line, she jumped, kicked, contracted and pushed her leg. One star got an extra arm, and I had to sculpt several lines, and the “tribal” lines got bigger and bolder….. One time at her ankle, she kicked my machine with her toes, causing the needle to go deep throat. Every thing that could go wrong, did go wrong… I never did a blowout before last night.

Her it is. Sorry for the shiny effect. I just wanted her out of there.

I was so annoyed, I had to do this one on my girlfriend, just to calm down…..

Infamous
      Participant

Looks pretty good to me!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

for the circumstances it looks great :3
      as far ast he one on your gf it looks super mint ;)

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks guys.

But honestly, I hope I never see that person again. I know its not for me to say, and the costumers alway right and all. But she was a piece of work, not only the tattoo, but mentally aswell…. :?

But the one on my girlfriend, that settled me down. ;) And am quite satisfied :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Yeah tattooing is a nice stress relief for me as well haha
      as for that other client its as easy as just not booking her again :D
      one person wont ruin your business :3

Lennart82
      Participant

I will note that :lol:

Infamous
      Participant

I just got some Kuro Sumi in the mail, and it is about a billion times better than everything else I’ve used. Just look at the difference between this and my old stuff! Oh yeah 8-)

angie

guys I have a question for you is the sumi ink better than the intenze true black?

My mentor told me to stay away from all sumi ink??? i dont anderstand why as you guys seems to love it …any idea why?

Rscotti91
      Participant

No, Angie. It’s all preference. It’s what YOU like to use. Personally I don’t mind using Kuro Sumi pigments, but I do like using Intenze pigments as well. It all depends on the piece at hand, and desired look I’m trying to get.
      I can not tell you why he said to stay away from it but I can tell you, that you should not stay away from it if you would like to try it. Hope this helps.
      R.Scotti

robroy289
      Participant

DYNAMIC!!! Seriously try it!!! Do a tattoo on your self tribal and do half kuro and other half dynamic.. let it heal and i promise you will switch.. and then go over the old half with the dynamic…and i haven’t had to do a single touch up on any tattoo after three months ive had great results….It is a darker black that i have ever used that is very versatile

angie

yeah i think cam tattoo carrys dynamique ink….will give it a try….have you used the colors from them?

will give a try to sumi ink :) will ask him why?

thanks guys

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the thing about dynamic is im pretty sure it is a tribal black. tribal blacks do not have an undertone. Kuro Sumi blacks have a slight blue undertone. Because of this even their outlining ink can be used to make some pretty decent greys :3

I’d say try dynamic for your solid fills, and maybe your outlines too, and use Kuro Sumi for shading.

As far as better or worse than intenze as Scotti said it’s all preference. I use Kuro Sumi for shading, and I use Intenze Zuper Black for my outlines and my solid fill. It stays blacker than black, and the Kuro makes some nice grey gradients. As far as staying away from all Sumi ink I’d pretty much avoid anything but Kuro Sumi. They are imitations of Kuro. Such as Kokkai Sumi. It’s not that great of an ink.

Rob swears by Dynamic, and loves it. Personally I havent tried it because I use my Zuper and Kuro. However, he is a great artist and slings some rad ink and has tons of experience. Really it comes down to the type of inks you use. Kuro is a thinner ink which I like for my shading. Zuper is not too thin not too thick. Then I like my colours to be thick like Eternal, or Alla Prima. :3

angie

thats awesome of you to share with me :)

as of now im using…intense…formula51 and starbrite…sylverink gray wash…

i have a botle of zuper black ill give it a try…

angie

so here guys i have the answer from my mentor…he says that kuro sumi inks are made with dilued ink and left over of cheep chinese ink…

he looked at me and told me go ahead and try…your tattoo will be fine for a couple of time but in a few they will look like crap so…hey dont get made at me …..just saying what he told me and ill stick with my ink tho he did say that dynamique is a great ink :)

Infamous
      Participant

Well, I am thinking that your mentor probably got burned with an imitation of Kuro Sumi. A lot of artists will swear that Kuro, Intenze Zuper Black, and Waverly are the best blacks on the market.

Kuro Sumi, is one of the oldest and best tattoo inks out there, and because of that they make a lot of crappy cheap imitations, like Kokkai. And, a lot of people online sell you ink in a bottle labeled Kuro that is exactly what your mentor described.

If you get a bottle that doesn’t have raised lettering on the neck, no reflective holographic lettering on the label, and worst of all unsealed. Throw that crap out, its junk.

Lennart82
      Participant

I have to agree with Infamous, your mentor must have bought a cheap copy.

They seal their bottles with holographic labals. If it aint holographic, do as Infamous says, and get rid if it. ;)

angie

better tell me were you buy yours? cam tattoo or world wild are they selling the real thing?

Infamous
      Participant

Honestly, I risked it and got mine off of amazon. The seller was Parashs and I did get real stuff

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com sells authentic Kuro Sumi. They have EVERY Kuro ink. All of their grey washes, their outline ink, and even colours at good prices.

robroy289
      Participant

Thanks Ramenuzumaki…. I have to hand it to ya you are a wealth of knowledge bro.!!I agree it is a little overpowering black for just to do on everything!! I mainly like the outlines and tribal fill as you mentioned cause it gives that dark crisp line.. But as far as the colors i haven’t tried them yet but they are very reputable so i don’t expect anything less than the best. Allia Prima as Ramenuzumaki uses, i tried it and love it!!! But love Eternal as well… If your gonna use a Sumi ink make sure its Kuro in my opinion…

Lennart82
      Participant

Damn it, I’m moving to America… Look at those prices.
      Kuro Sumi Outlining Tattoo Ink 12oz in America 24.99$ That exact same amount, in my country, is 43.18$ Goddamn it, I feel like I’m getting screwed big time :O

And the cheapest, piss poor, Chinese machine you can get the absolute cheapest, nothing IS cheaper then 100$
      (I think I have to go on a smuglers run soon ;) )

Infamous
      Participant

If you order from one of these sites is it still as expensive as it would be locally?

Lennart82
      Participant

Unfortunatly, yes. Toll, tax and whats call moms in my country, all in all, add up about 50% :(

Infamous
      Participant

Can you get a P.O. Box in a near by country? :geek:

Lennart82
      Participant

I’ve been thinking a lot about that. I have some relatives in Sweden, maybe I could try setting up something there.
      Maybe that’s why the Danish price on getting a tattoo is on an average of 130$ per started hour. Its cause of the expensive materials used.

Infamous
      Participant

Might be :/ lol

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

there is a shop here in my city that charges 100$ an hour
      in ottawa which is about an hr north west is roughly 150$/hr

Lennart82
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

there is a shop here in my city that charges 100$ an hour
      in ottawa which is about an hr north west is roughly 150$/hr

And I’ll bet that their finished pieces looks a hell of lot better then this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37779528@N04/9422554462/

She is the most expensive tattooist, in my city. Charges nearly what equals to 200$ per hour.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant
      Lennart82
      Participant

Wow, that is a beautifull flower. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
      But you see the difference???

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yes i do haha
      i cringed when i saw that Naruto piece. it’s VERY flat D:

angie

dear god!!! what is that! a giant orange frogg!!!! i dont even get what it is????

Lennart82
      Participant

Wanna know the worst part of it?
      5 years ago, she was the only tattooist in my home city. (unless you count Blowout Kurt in it) She has been tattooing for 20 years. She is a member of the Danish Tattoo Lauge (which is a sort of union for the Danish tattooist) And this Lauge claims, that; if a tattooist, isn’t part of the “union”, then the free people should not use that tattooist.
      She’s called Coffee Hanne by her previous clients, since she takes about 1 or 2 hours per session, just to talk (And she talks A LOT), drink coffee, and smoke.
      The kicker comes here; she was my mentor. And she brought my into the tattoo world, wanting me to do portraits, in her shop, getting 60 % of what I (in the future maybe) could do. While she sits back, and drinks coffee. That was her initial plans for me.

Now I have never done a portrait on skin yet, but if I could, and if I could do just a quarter of what Bob Tyrell can do, I would become the sixth tattooist in my country that could do portraits.
      The number one portrait tattooist in my country, charges 530$ pr started hour, And I would say, hes about 75% as good as Bob Tyrell.
      So you can see, my mentor really would have scored, if she had it her way. ;)

Yes Bob Tyrell is my Idol, And yes, all this is only in my head, since I have never done a portrait. But I plan on getting there ;)

angie

try do one on pig skin …youll get a pretty good idea :) i find is kinda beurkkk but it really is close to humain skin :) or if you have some money to spend…buy your self a fake arm from
      http://www.apoundofflesh.bigcartel.com/products

ok yess its expensif, but it does feel like the real thing plus it makes an awesome display to your futur studio…and a nice remender where you started :)

dont give up :)

Infamous
      Participant

Is it bad that I don’t have a tattoo artist idol?

angie

lol mine is call don design :) he is a portrait tattoo artist and he is wow!

Lennart82
      Participant

@angie wrote:

try do one on pig skin …youll get a pretty good idea :) i find is kinda beurkkk but it really is close to humain skin :) or if you have some money to spend…buy your self a fake arm from
      http://www.apoundofflesh.bigcartel.com/products

ok yess its expensif, but it does feel like the real thing plus it makes an awesome display to your futur studio…and a nice remender where you started :)

dont give up :)

I have just gotten word from my aunts husband. And he is willing to be my guinea pig for a portrait. :D I’ve done a whole lot on practise skin, but its not the same as the real deal.
      The 28th this month, I will be doing my first portrait on real skin.
      Oh and why he wanted to do it? Firstly, he just wanted to help out. Secondly, all of his tattoos were done by a friend of his way back, a friend who wanted to become a tattoo artist. He never made it, and the result; My aunts husband, has a shit load of really bad tattoos.

@Infamous wrote:

Is it bad that I don’t have a tattoo artist idol?

Hahahaha no, you don’t have to have one. :D
      But, in my opinion, its good to look at other artists, who are doing brilliant art. Aim for the stars ;) if you know what I mean :P

Infamous
      Participant

Sure, I definitely look at all sorts of art and aspire to it but I don’t have any specific person.

I guess I just judge on the art itself, not the amount of fame the artist has

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan