• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      DannyBoy90

Hello,
      My name is Daniel Skinner and I have been tattooing for about a year now.
      I have apprenticed for 7 months at a shop in Colton Ca before quitting after finding out that they were doing shady deals in the background. I only learned a handful of tips and tricks like how to make various tattoo needles or building a machine from scratch, .Everything that I know about tattooing has been self taught or required alot of research. It was a very sad day having to stop my apprenticeship. I absolutly love tattooing and want to further my studies into the world of tattooing.

TexasPT

Welcome to the forum.

Mark

Viper65

welcome to the funny pages!!

DannyBoy90

Thank you guys. Its really appreciated.

That’s pretty cool if you learned needle-making in your apprenticeship, but good on you for standing up to any shady shenanigans at the studio :) There’s plenty of info out there to allow someone to be self-taught :)

DannyBoy90

yeah it was great to learn. The people at the shop were amazing and my teacher was an incredible artist. It was just a shame that they were so greedy to exploit the shop for other means.

@DannyBoy90 wrote:

yeah it was great to learn. The people at the shop were amazing and my teacher was an incredible artist. It was just a shame that they were so greedy to exploit the shop for other means.

That is a shame, but I bet you’ll hit the ground running :) Even with what I’ve learned in the past couple of years, I’ve no idea about soldering a needle, other than using micropore tape to hold them in place before applying the bar :lol:

DannyBoy90

The never had me use tape when making needles. all they had me do for hours was make lining needles then clean them and package them up for the autoclave.

@DannyBoy90 wrote:

The never had me use tape when making needles. all they had me do for hours was make lining needles then clean them and package them up for the autoclave.

How did you keep them lined up when grouping them together?

DannyBoy90

they had me use a jig that lined up the needles. It was a very crude jig tho.

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome!!

ben.catterall
      Participant

Welcome mate! :D 8-)

DannyBoy90

Thank you guys :D :P

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan