Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ElDrago

Ok hi im the new guy here and im at work so i dont have much time, but i wanted to share my newest technique for practicing lines. Its pretty simple so ill make this short and sweet. first prepare your gun as if you were about to do an actual tattoo. remove the grip, needle,and tube. next step is to insert a ballpoint pen into the gun, and tighten as if you were tightening your grip and tube. Get it as close to the actual tube length as possible. it should sit in your hand like a normal tat gun when assembled. now crank up your juice and hit your foot pedal. as you will see its like a tattoo simulation. pull out some flash or drawings whatever you have. and practice all lines with your gun. get used to vibration, find a comfortable position for you to tat. just get more comfortable with using your gun. no practice is better for preparing you for skin than actually doing it. but this dam sure got my confidence up. im comfortable with my gun and my linework has drastically improved in a day just thanks to practicing like this. Hell i got so good that im comfortable with tatting myself. So have fun back to work i go.

Brian Colon
      Participant

Being a member here you probably should try not calling it a gun. On another note adding to this i came across a technique using a calligraphy pen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnV5fsE9OC0
      It seems at least like a cool way to get your lines tight I plan on implementing it and i started doing what you recommended myself before. It really helps with the difference of drawing with the machine running instead of just the pen, its a good tool to train.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan