Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

im trying to figure out exactly all the things that differ from a typical liner to shader setting. i understand that it can vary, and iv done some online research but id don’t know what is right, can i get some help on the subject.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

There is a lot of different things that will affect your set up from your A-bar, to your frame, to your capacitor.

The geometry of the machine really has a large impact on what type of machine it is. Then you can farther customize it by changing the springs, a-bar, capacitor, and coils. Different gauges of springs will put out different results, a different stroke will change it slightly, the angle of your springs, the angle of the contact point, etc. there is just a huge weath of knowledge!

The best thing I can tell you is to purchace the Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo. If you have an apprenticeship it will be a great tool to add to it. you can purchase it at http://www.tattoobooksonline.com. It is 240 pages of PURE knowledge. took me 10hrs to read it for my review.

oh great!! iv been browsing the internet over different subject and been creating a microsoft word thing, of all iv learned, and been double checking all my info about stuff to try and get to the truth of things, its been long and tedious, often spending more time on the computer researching than i do at work. trying to learn as much as i can before i even pick up a tattoo machine. that would do worlds of help to me. iv just run into s stump about how to adjust a machine between a liner and shader and everything in between, with the adjustment on the machine itself to the adjustment on the power supply. i never thought to look and see if there is a previously written book on it all. iv never been able to find one in any book stores, so i guess i just assumed there wasnt one. thank you so much i’ll definitely look into getting that.

it is now bookmarked, and next paycheck, it will be mine, it looks great, all the info im spending so much time searching for, already assembled together. thanks again!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

It is a great book. on the same site they have a training dvd disk 1 that is also very helpful. :3

Anonymous
      Inactive

That is been really an very great look out and that is an very work been shared out

Well every tattoo machine setting needs to be studied properly.

Thanks

Jonathan Wright
      Participant

I know this is an old thread but I had been tattooing for 2 years already in a shop and I still really enjoyed that back. Id definitely give it a read if you need help tuning machines for different purposed, Yes i knew a lot of what was in the book but it still gave me a different perspective on a lot of things. I give that book a 5 out of 5 stars

john justice
      Participant

Have read the book, studied hours of videos on basic tunning. I have purchased two different kits and have the same tunning issues withall the machines. I cannot get them to run properly no matter what aadjustments I try. Having the issues straight out of the box. Have tryed to adjust rear springs, contactscrescrew length, triangle, rubber bands, tubes, needles, the works. When I do seem to get a working result, machines still fall out of tune. Please help.

CR Jordan

So, what specifically is happening when you tune the tattoo machine and have problems tuning?
      How long does it stay “in tune”
      What types of Machines do you have?
      Are they getting hot?
      What voltage are you running your tattoo shader / liner tattoo machine or tattoo gun at?

john justice
      Participant

Is there any way we Could relay on the phone? I would be here for hours explaining the issues I’m having.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan