• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      villano

Ok, so this was the first tattoo that i’ve done. A guy I met taught me the basic stuff while I was doing this one, and he grabbed the machine to guide me a couple of times, but on and on, i did it mostly on my own (95% of it probably)…

xDreamerx
      Participant

Good size there amigo. Have you tried pig skin first? You may wanna consider that before movin up to live canvas. On a side note, what kind of machines did you use and what were your needle configs?

villano

Hey Dreamer thanks 4 the reply.

Yea, I practiced on pig skin but just a couple of times. First time just testing lines, curves, circles, squares, basic shading and coloring, you know the basic stuff to get the hang of it. Second time I stenciled a cartoonish sun that I had drawn in the past and tattoeed it with colors. It came out pretty good, unfornately I lost the picture of the silly sun so I can’t share it. But after that, I decided to stop with the pig skin couse I found it to be kind of disgusting and didn’t feel ok doing it beeing a vegetarian. So I started tattooing oranges after that, but it didn’t feel right either, it helped me to get used to the weight of the machine of course, but I knew that human skin most probably wasn’t gonna react in the same way as the orange skin or the pig skin. So I got me a guinea pig (my friend there in the picture, he has a lot of shitty tattoos and he doesn’t mind being my practice canvas) and just went for it (with the aid of a semipro guy, not only in the technique aspects, but also in the sanitary ones).

Well i utilized my tattoo machine, i really don’t know what kind of tattoo machine it is, didn’t know there was different kinds of them. its a pro machine obviously, not home-made, cost me around 30 dollars, and i would guess probably was made in brazil. i’m using disposable grips+needles, following the recomendations from the guy who taught me.

I’ll keep on posting pictures, I’ve done like 8 tattoos and I’ll try to share ’em all here to get feedback. What’s the appropiate forum for noob questions? I have a lot of ’em!!

(If my english isn’t perfect it’s just becouse it’s not my mother lenguage, sorry)

WOOOW!! while I was writing this message we had a giant aftershock of the earthquake!! (I’m from Chile). Must have been 6° in the richter scale easily… I’m all jumpy now xD…

Thanks again

xDreamerx
      Participant

Ok I understand. Feel free to ask any question you need here ====> Tattoo Questions post here

Kelly

It’s nice to have such friends:)))

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan