• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ben.catterall
      Participant

Here is the outline for an original design I have done on my right thigh. Colour and shading to come once it has healed. Main outline was with an 11 round. spiderweb was with a 5 round. still tossing up if i should give the snake scales or shading… what do you think?? :D

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/photos/benstattoos/8130036999/

Jester Ink
      Participant

Just throwing it out there. Why not go ahead with the scaling on the snake and shading on the skull?

ben.catterall
      Participant

@Jester Ink wrote:

Just throwing it out there. Why not go ahead with the scaling on the snake and shading on the skull?

yeah pretty much what i was thinking. thats how the original design was supposed to look anyway. :D glad to have another opinion on it though.

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0098009/photos/benstattoos/8130134219/ here is the original design

TexasPT

Off to a great start, Ben.

One thing you can notice is that your hand speed changed a lot during the tattoo. Line width varies in places…nothing major but seems worth pointing out since we’re all trying to get better here.

I say go for shading/scales. The original design is real flat. I think if you go a little artistic on it and shade in the rose, web, snake, skull and give it some depth you’ll end up with a tattoo on a completely different level.

mark

Viper65

Wow..really liking this, that’s one clean outline for sure! I think this is going to look incredible when finished up for sure!!!!!

ben.catterall
      Participant

@TexasPT wrote:

Off to a great start, Ben.

One thing you can notice is that your hand speed changed a lot during the tattoo. Line width varies in places…nothing major but seems worth pointing out since we’re all trying to get better here.

I say go for shading/scales. The original design is real flat. I think if you go a little artistic on it and shade in the rose, web, snake, skull and give it some depth you’ll end up with a tattoo on a completely different level.

mark

Thanks Mark. Appreciate the comments. Yeah it was my first time using and 11 round liner and took a while to get used to.

And the original design was pretty boring. No shading was ever added to it. But I am hoping to spruce it up a little. I’m also thinking of putting colour in the snake head as well. Maybe greens or browns/yellows. Also was thinking of using my Kiro Sumi cherry shading ink on the skull for something a bit different (and to see what the ink is like). What do you think? :D

ben.catterall
      Participant

@Viper65 wrote:

Wow..really liking this, that’s one clean outline for sure! I think this is going to look incredible when finished up for sure!!!!!

Thanks Viper! I can’t wait for it to heal so I can colour it!! :D :D

TexasPT

Thanks Mark. Appreciate the comments. Yeah it was my first time using and 11 round liner and took a while to get used to.

And the original design was pretty boring. No shading was ever added to it. But I am hoping to spruce it up a little. I’m also thinking of putting colour in the snake head as well. Maybe greens or browns/yellows. Also was thinking of using my Kiro Sumi cherry shading ink on the skull for something a bit different (and to see what the ink is like). What do you think? :D[/quote]

I like the idea of putting some color in. Off the top of my head I’m not sure how cherry shading is going to look in a color tattoo…might be cool. I really haven’t seen much done with it.

I’m with Viper…this is going to be a great looking tattoo when it’s all done.

Rees

Pack that thing with color top to bottom, go old school with it, that a classic example of what a good oldschool tattoo should be.

Rees

@Jester Ink wrote:

I agree, to an extent, look for some examples. I think if you patch the scales in, not just full tilt scale the whole snake, and give it full color, you’ll come out with a very nice design.

Awesome work, dude, can’t wait to see how it progresses :)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan