• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      HoltonFuzz09

Hello everyone,
      I am new to this forum and also the art of tattooing. My fiance said he believed I had potenial and order me one of the Pirate Face beginners kits for Valentine’s Day. I received it on the 15th. These next two tattoo pieces I completed yesterday, the 19th. So essentially, my tattoo career is all of 4 days. I dont have much confidence in myself, so I was hoping some of the pros could give me some advice. Thanks in advance. :P

http://s816.photobucket.com/albums/zz83/AmberCRichards/?action=view&current=Resampled_2013-02-18_13-38-16_598_zpsbb4ff349.jpg

http://s816.photobucket.com/albums/zz83/AmberCRichards/?action=view&current=2013-02-18_16-36-14_383_zps7e7a293f.jpg

robroy289
      Participant

Wow, pretty good work! You are doing well exp. to do detail that small so clean..

HoltonFuzz09

Thank you so much for the input. That was always one of my favorite parts of drawing/painting was trying to add very small detail. I still have a long way to go but I defenatly have “the bug”. :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks pretty decent :)
      your line work in the first one looks a little deep
      you want to avoid the “cut” look
      you dont want to cut people while doing your lines
      also try to avoid solid white spaces. white tends to change colour over time especially with people who are in the sun a lot and tan
      it starts to turn yellow/orange
      its mainly a highlight colour :)
      what fruit are you using? i recommend honeydew melon. its the closest fruit to human skin :)

HoltonFuzz09

I was using grapefruit. Have fake skin ordered but it still hasnt arrived yet. And living is such a small town, local grocery store doesnt carry honeydew melons. :(. However, thanks for the input. The first two I did were really “cutting”. Then I figured out to set my needles where they werent visible when the machine was off. I plan to try to do a couple today. Fiance is really wanting me to give him some ink, but I am very hesitant. I am the type that if I am going to do something, I want it done right. :P

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

personally ihate practice skin
      it doesnt feel anything like real skin
      one thing you can do to help though is strap, tape, or place it on an arm, leg, back, or something of your Fiance to have it seem sorta like you’re tattooing a real client. other than that it just really isnt that great
      i would practice more until you are comofortable. i never used fruit or practice skin. i just gave out free tats to people. wasnt a very good idea on my part
      keep practising until you’re comofrtable before oyu go to the real thing! :)
      Good luck!

that looks great! :)

HoltonFuzz09

Thanks for the input everyone. As of now, my fiance kept pushing me to tattoo him, so I gave it a shot. I wasnt completely satisfied but he was ecstatic. Said he absolutely loved it and has since gone around showing EVERYONE. He is a C.O. and he even showed an inmate that has been doing tats for years both incarceration and on the streets. The inmate told him that it looked awesome for my first on skin tat and that he felt like I was really going to be great at this art. Check it out and let me know what you think.

HoltonFuzz09

Oh, and in the picture the name looks off centered between the horns. I promise, its not. Must have been the way he had the back of his arm pressed against the chair. :-)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

not too bad at all! :)
      the linework looks pretty good for your first tattoo!
      heres a tip: take the pic before adding your ointment so you dont get that shiny look
      what are you using for an ointment?
      also if you arent comfortable with your shading you should do your script solid black
      there isnt really any gradient there. would have looked better solid black imo :)
      looking good though! keep it up

Rees

@HoltonFuzz09 wrote:

I was using grapefruit. Have fake skin ordered but it still hasnt arrived yet. And living is such a small town, local grocery store doesnt carry honeydew melons. :(. However, thanks for the input. The first two I did were really “cutting”. Then I figured out to set my needles where they werent visible when the machine was off. I plan to try to do a couple today. Fiance is really wanting me to give him some ink, but I am very hesitant. I am the type that if I am going to do something, I want it done right. :P

Personally, I much prefered a grapefruit or orange over practice skin. I see demonstartions of guys doing awesome work with them, but the only ones I can find come from China and their shit. they make a nice yellow silicone kind if you can find it, but I never had any luck.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

@Rees wrote:

@HoltonFuzz09 wrote:

Personally, I much prefered a grapefruit or orange over practice skin. I see demonstartions of guys doing awesome work with them, but the only ones I can find come from China and their shit. they make a nice yellow silicone kind if you can find it, but I never had any luck.

+1

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan