• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Spider
      Participant

So wasn’t sure where this should go, but after I finished outlining a new arm piece and one of my guys told me he wanted me to show him more about placement I figured why not post something like that here for you newbies.
      Placement of a tattoo and why should we care. Well it’s simple really, putting a tattoo in the right place can either make or break a new piece, it can take a piece from being good, to being awesome. I had a recent guy wanting some custom skull and tribal stuff, he gave me a few ideas and location where he wanted it, the backside of his upper arm. So after finally getting a piece together I felt he would like, I started thinking about the area he wanted it and how it was going to look. So, back of the arm on this guy was pretty defined as he had muscular arms, also took into consideration age, those arms were not always going to be cut up his whole life, but this piece would still be there. So redrew the piece making some of the lines a bit longer for an idea I had. When he came in I talked to him about it and showed him what we had. At first he was against my idea of moving the piece to the inside of his arm and still wanted it on the back of his arm, simply told him let’s slap on the stencil so you can actually see what I’m talking about and if you don’t like it we can move it to another place, cool?. He agreed and this was the result…….
      http://www.darkcarnivalink.com/uploads/1/9/6/3/19639257/2178301_orig.jpg
      When the guy saw that the tribal curled at the crook of his arm and wasn’t all distorted and out of whack he liked the idea and said do it. So remember kiddos, when working skin and design, always consider not just the colors, and ideas, but where it’s gonna go as well…

Thanks for the contribution!

Spider
      Participant

Sometimes it’s the little things that make someone think ya know.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan