• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

:!:

Jester
      Participant

I ran into the same problem while giving my neice a tattoo.
      Turns out that I had the greensaop mixed to strong and it
      started to irritate her skin. Now I’ve started to wipe with
      distilled water ansd save the soap for the end. I haven’t
      had a problem since.

Jester
      Participant

I’ve never used Tattoo Goo. I always use A&D.
      Give it a try.

ben.catterall
      Participant

I use tattoo goo on all my tattoos. I have never had a problem with it. If its red and swollen put an ice pack on it. I use this occassionally after big tattoos. It reduces swelling and relieves the burning pain. Just don’t leave it on for longer than 20 minutes or you could burn your skin. Hope it heals soon!

robroy289
      Participant

The green soap mixture might be the problem.. But also he may have been digging you a little to deep when doing the grey shading.. It is normal to have a red tint in you’re grey work when stepping it out..Exp when you mix to much water with not enough black then you are just shading with lightly colored water and all that is coming out is chewed up red tinted skin. But to me it looks like he had the needle set out very far digging the shit out of ya.. Maybe not the case here, but i thought i would throw that out there!!

I had the same problem using tattoo goo. I switched to A&D and no problem. I read that some folks just have a reaction to the Tattoo Goo. I also use no scent hypo allergenic lotion. As for the green soap being too strong, maybe… Did your artist switch brands of Ink? Just my 2 cents..

wrathone11
      Participant

I know I’m chiming in quite late on this, been off the forum for quite a while as I’m in South Korea. Many times when there is swelling and redness like this Witch Hazel will solve this issue. I use a Witch Hazel mix (1 part Witch Hazel 10 parts distilled water) on tattoos after I’ve cleaned them with my green soap mix. The Witch Hazel clams down the swelling and redness quickly and the customer can use it at home to help with swelling and redness.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan