• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jbeaufosho

So my mentor builds his own machines, and as part of my apprenticeship we’re gonna build a machine for me to use. Now the way he makes his frames he uses 3 seperate pieces and welds them together. I’ve heard however that frames milled from a solid block have the strongest magnetic field. And cast ones have the weakest. So I guess my question is, is the difference negligable or noticeable? The reason I ask is theres actually a cast frame that I really like that I could buy, or we could make one the way he does it. He says the difference is totally negligable to him so he really doesn’t care which one I go with. But if theres really a big difference than I’ll find a solid block one to use. Has anyone had bad experiences with cast frames? The frame would be high quality steel no matter which I choose. Any feedback from experienced individuals is always appreciated.

Johnny

A lot of reputable builders either braze or bolt their frames together. I don’t know the specific differences in the magnetic field vs. Solid frames, but an adjustable spring deck sure is a nice plus, especially if you wanna go way back for a color machine. I have a keyhole infinity irons machine that I line with, and it is welded, and its probably the best machine I have.

Jbeaufosho

Thanks for the response. yeah I have a pulse solution I use for shading and its a solid block frame and it’s awesome. But it’s good to hear other people having success with the welded type. Anyone know anything about cast frames? Theres one from spaulding/rogers im looking at that I really like but now I’m leaning towards making my own.

Johnny

Oh ya I like spauldings puma machines. You should build your own dude… Just because its awesome and not that many people do it. Even if you want a solid frame you can go to a machine shop and have one milled out. Check out flying irons. They sell everything you would need to build a machine minus the frame.

Jbeaufosho

Right on dude, thanks for the info.

Swanhater

I second jonnys comment that sounds like a really cool thing to do would you post up some pics of the finished article?

Jester
      Participant

@jin1234i wrote:

This block will kill the player . Is a solid block for everything else . It won’t let you you jump if you touch the block from the sides or below .

Replacement glass

SOMEBODY PLEASE GET RID OF THIS IDIOT!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan