• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hello there!

I was thinkin about askin to be a apprentice at the local tattoo studio her but…there’s always a but…
      The tattoist there is not that great,he have done about 3 tattoo’s on me and 2 of those he went too deep and one of them got a infection i think,because my arm dobbel sized in just one day and hurt as F*ck to get dressed.
      the tattoo looks okai,the lines and everything ells is nice.

so i was wondering if i should ask or try another place? i think i can learn alot from him but i want to learn the right things to be a good tattoo artist!

thanks for replyes..muchos grasias..mucho love!

Chris B.

Tarantula

Look elsewhere, if you even have a tiny concern about his ability then he’s no good for you, you’ll get to the point where when you are better than him really quickly, or he won’t teach you anything out of fear of being shown up.

If you’re gonna apprentice then do it under someone who fills you with awe when you see his work.

Viper65

run.

TexasPT

sometimes tattoos swell up. It doesn’t mean you had an infection…you’d know if you had.

Tarantula

@TexasPT wrote:

sometimes tattoos swell up. It doesn’t mean you had an infection…you’d know if you had.

I think the arm doubling in size and hurting like hell may have been an indication that it wasnt normal swelling :P

TexasPT

@Tarantula wrote:

@TexasPT wrote:

I think the arm doubling in size and hurting like hell may have been an indication that it wasnt normal swelling :P

I’ll disagree, respectfully of course. Ankle tattoos will do it, I’ve had a calf tattoo do it. I’ve got buddies who have sat for long times and ended up swelling in their arms. It’s just the body’s reaction to trauma and everyone reacts differently. If elevation and advil can fix it…it’s normal swelling even if it seems abnormal.

If it is associated with fever, pus, or heat in the area I’d be concerned and would seek medical attention asafp. Beyond that…elevate and let it heal.

Tarantula

I’ll be honest Tex, if you’re tattooing people and their arms are doubling in size you may want to look at your technique. Tattoo’s swell sometimes,sure, but DOUBLE in size? When I started tattoing we did it with either a needle and cotton or a syringe needle but even poking the tats in didn’t make the area swell up that much.

thnx for the advice folks,ill keep lookin for a better tattoo artist too ask :)
      btw:i got a new tattoo a while ago and the artist saw the other tattoo(the tattooist work) and said that it was a infection,he asked if a got a big scab and i did when it healed.

hope you understand ma crappy enghrriiish hehe

love
      chris

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan