• This topic is empty.
Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      ryujin

Okay im looking to get started on piggy skin!
      looking around the intrwebs there are just too many kits some look cool (but could also be crap as they have no machine specks on them) the one i’m leaning towards is http://www.oldskooltattoosupplies.com/tattoo-kits/beginners-tattoo-kit.html
      I know to stay away from ebay and if it looks really cheap then it probably runs that way i was just wondering if any of you guys can point me in the right way.
      thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me

littleinker
      Participant

Hey Ryujin!

I’m at the same stage as you and a few people on here have recommended the Hildbrandt kits so I’d say you’re on the right track. I’d be checking out this place though… http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com/the-hildbrandt-professional-tattoo-kit-system Better kit at a better price. :) That’s the one I’m planning on getting to begin with and then upgrading the machines asap. :)

Infamous
      Participant

I second littleinker, I’m not sure what the price difference is between euros and USD is but I don’t think its very much.. Ofcourse, simply put if your going to buy a Hildbrandt kit it is best to cut out the middle man and buy it straight from the source. In this case, tattoomachineequipment.com is the right place to go and the kit shown appears to be about 10 dollars more, and the only big difference I see is that it has 3 machines not 2 which is a 50$ value

Lennart82
      Participant

Ryujin were are you located?
      In the UK?

ryujin

Yea i’m from the uk just near manchester how come? also wow guys thanks for all the help really appreciate it :)

Infamous
      Participant

That’s what we are here for :)

Also, might check on the shipping rates from both places. Might be a difference maker, and Lenn is from Denmark so he might know of a few options for buying locally.

ryujin

thanks i decided in the end just to go with the one from canada even with the shipping and import tax it only worked out to be about £30 for nearly double the amount of stock so all in all a good buy now just the waiting to kill me :P

Infamous
      Participant

In my experience they usually ship it pretty fast, but I am state-side

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

thats actually a really good kit :3
      i recommend it to everyone.

i actually use only hildbrant machines in my shop

Infamous
      Participant

Did you sell your Buzz liner?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I still have my Buzz one-of-a-kind liner, my relentless irons bulldog colour packer [rebuilt by buzz], and my danny fowler flatline. I just dont use them.

ryujin

Awesome :)
      well on the phone they were really helpful told me pretty much everything i needed to know and also gave me a shipping time 9 to 12 days not bad really :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

That isnt too bad, but I’m in Canada and I get them in 2-3 days. When they take a week I start to get impatient! I couldnt imagine waiting 12 days.
      They are good people though. I’ve been buying exclusively from Hildbrant for three years.

ryujin

i know all my pigs ears and feat arrived two days ago and i have two dogs so they think is their birthday :lol:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

haha! I know how that is. I have a Pure Field Bred Yellow Labrador Retriever and he loves em!

ryujin

Aww i have a German shepherd and a great Dane lol.
      i just thought (dangerous pass time i know )you said you have been buying from from Hildbrant for three years by any chance have you tried the Rotary Machines or any other of the Machines. :)

sorry for picking your brain

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i havent tried the rotaries yet but i hear great things about the assassin and the executioner
      i use coils only
      i had wanted to try rotary and once i got one the novelty was gone so i sold it without even trying it
      i currently use .357 Magnum, .30 Carbine, .44 Winchester, .444 Marlin, and the .22 Rimfire from Hildbrant. I will, eventually, have all eight of their coils though.

ryujin

lols you should be sponsored :P i may try the executioner not sure yet :P so many to try :P

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Haha that would be rad. I’ve already written reviews for like 12 of their products too. I did an order not long ago, and between the time i ordered it, and the time I paid they came out with new grips and sent me the new ones instead of the old ones which is pretty rad. I’m stoked to try them.

ryujin

well thats awesome :P they do seem like a good company now just if they had a uk distributer :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

ah just move to Canada :P
      and you cant complain their prices are in USD so you pay like half price on the products :P

ryujin

yea right i think i would last all about to minuets over there but half price sounds cool :)

Infamous
      Participant

They recently upgraded one of my orders from the regular black disposables to freeflows free of charge, that was pretty awesome of them. I even e-mailed them, and offered to pay the difference but they weren’t having it! lol They said they upgraded it free of charge because they were out of stock of the other ones. Fine by me! :D

Hildbrandt is a great company to work with, for sure

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

thats actually kind of odd
      i was told they are phasing out the old ones
      depends what grips you were ordering they may have been out of the ones for the sizes that you ordered

i got 14RT and 15FT in the old black ones
      the rest were the new freeflow

im def going ot be getting some scorpions soon

Infamous
      Participant

I can see the scorpions feeling a lot like holding onto the classic metal grip. That’s what they look like to me. I’ll probably be getting some scorpions too next time I need tubes just to compare.

Mine were 9RT so I could see them, running out of those before the 14’s and 15’s

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah I got 5DT 8RT 7FT were the new freeflow :D

K.Campbell

I just ordered the Inkstar Apprentice kit from Hildbrant last night! I’m really excited to finally have a machine in my hands to learn
      how to properly tune and start on pigskins and fruit while I continue my search for an apprenticeship.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

The Inkstar and Valturd kits arent very good. Their machines are very cheap.

K.Campbell

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

The Inkstar and Valturd kits arent very good. Their machines are very cheap.

I figured they wouldn’t be great, especially since the price for the kit isn’t a lot. But I just need some machines I can
      take apart & put back together, learn to tune & use on pigskins/fruit for practice. I will not be going to human skin
      with this kit and I can’t stress that enough ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

well just have fun with it :D

george7302

hello,

i’ve seen kits on worldwide tattoo’s website. they have a variety and they also offer custom kits so that you can upgrade the items that come in the kit. i purchased one for my cousin and he prefers rotary machines. i was able to switch out the coil machines that come in it to the stealth rotary. they also ship worldwide. i will attach a link. hope this helps :)

http://www.worldwidetattoo.com/english/custom-kits

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan