• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      LetMeInkYou

when it comes to applying a tattoo stencil there are plenty of ways to do it; how do you apply yours? :?:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I buy a stencil solution from a shop here in town, and put it into a spray bottle. I spray one squirt onto my hand, rub it in, and repeat until I get a tacky feeling. Push the centre of the stencil on first, then gently rub outward. Apply pressure for 10 counts, remove, let dry for 10 minutes. :3

Swanhater

The shop i work in, use dettol to apply the stencils and it works perfectly.

robroy289
      Participant

I make my own stuff for our shop. I use 2 sticks of blue speed stick(clear) Take a knife and peel just like a potato into real thin slices into some sort of squeeze bottle, then i use 2 oz of clear hand sanitizer the way i measure it out i just fill the empty speed stick container up twice with the sanitizer and pour into the container with the speed stick, then 2 oz of the green aloe vera gel and do the same thing and after i get it all together i heat it uncovered in microwave for 10 seconds and put the lid on it and shake for 20 to 30 min. off and on until the speed stick completely breaks down and becomes creamy let it sit overnight and walah!! Stencil stuff !! It works great for me if you put the stencil on and wait about 5 to 10 min.. It cost about 5 bucks to make and works better than that expensive stuff!! I hope this helps… :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the stuff I use is 2 parts isopropyl alcohol, and 7 parts detol btw! :)

Bozrocket
      Participant

Have tried numerous stencil applicators, but have recently been using just pure detol.

It doesn’t last nearly as long as say Stencil Stuff, but it does not bleed one bit, comes out quite clear and you can soak the paper well. Also if it screws up and you need to re-apply you can though it comes out a bit lighter than the first time.

Infamous
      Participant

I use my own concoction of 1 part antibacterial hand soap 9 parts antiseptic mouth wash. Then wipe it down with a baby wipe. Works like a charm.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the thing about detol is it just and anticeptic
      by adding the isopropyl alcohol it gets that sanitizing agent, and the alcohol also makes the skin dry much faster. Spray the mixture onto your glove and rub the area. make sure you rub it in nicely. repeat until it is tacky, and not wet. if its wet you’re smudge, and ruin your stencil. then allow at least 10 minutes for your stencil to dry. as such i normally set up my machines while the stencil is drying so to not waste time.

brad.1337

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

the stuff I use is 2 parts isopropyl alcohol, and 7 parts detol btw! :)

Hey Nicholas,

Got a quick question. Do you use 70% or 99% isopropyl?

Thanks

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

99% sorry ^^;

brad.1337

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

99% sorry ^^;

No problem, and thanks :)

stanzx6r
      Participant

@LetMeInkYou wrote:

when it comes to applying a tattoo stencil there are plenty of ways to do it; how do you apply yours? :?:

first i use an alcholl swab let it dry then i use a wet wipe

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan