• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      littleinker
      Participant

Has anyone used them? I’ve had them recommended to me and even though they don’t come cheap, I don’t mind if it means I get decent machines. :)

Lennart82
      Participant

Technical Sharps machines???? Hmmm could you find a link?

To me it sounds like….. Well if you could find a link, then I could be more certain….

Edit;
      Just found a link

http://www.powerlinesupplies.co.uk/Tattoo-Machines/Technical-Sharps-Tattoo-Machines.htm

Uhm… Looks a hell of alot like Mickey Sharpz… Even the name leads to him….
      (Side note… This page I found this on, calls their machines; Guns…..? Whaaat the ….?)

littleinker
      Participant

Here’s a link to where I was referred to. They don’t call them guns (eeeep!) that I’ve seen but it does bother me that they don’t sell any autoclaves, only the supplies to be used in them…
      http://www.street2skin.com/index.php?cPath=1_3

Lennart82
      Participant

I personally havent heard about Technical Sharps Machines before. And MAYBE its just me, and that they are indeed great machines.
      On a sceptical matter though, they look almost exactly like the Mickey Sharpz machines.

His link.
      http://www.mickysharpz.com/

The pricing, almost equal….
      My advice, get a Sharpz not a Sharps ;)

littleinker
      Participant

Riiiight…. that was kind of what I suspected. I’ll check out the Micky Sharpz and also others that are around including the Hildbrandt kit that Ram said was good. Out of curiosity, are Micky Sharpz and Micky Bee the same company?

Lennart82
      Participant

Micky Sharpz… Well hes Micky Sharpz… Dont think he would change his name to Bee. So I am 99% sure that they are not the same company ;)

littleinker
      Participant

Haha! Ok…must be different then. :)

I’m so confused about machines/kits/etc right now… I was leaning towards just getting the Hildbrandt kit and upgrading bits and pieces every couple weeks as I learn more but I’ve just read a bunch of bad reviews of Hildbrandt machines saying they’re exactly the same as the super cheap ebay crap… Now I don’t know what to think! Aaaargh! :? This is why I wish I already had an apprenticeship so I could just be told what I should get and be done with it until I know enough to make up my own mind…

Lennart82
      Participant

Naaahhhhh if you did that (have an apprenticeship) you’ll miss out on all the fun, trying to find what works for you ;P

At a shop they will hand you a machine, proberbly the machine brand they always have used. It might be an awesome machine, it might not.

When your searching for machines, and looking, and reading and watching and so on. You will see what the market has to offer. There are expensive machines, there are cheap machines. Expensive are not for the first timer, and cheap are just that… Cheap.

Now, I know Ramm will swear to the Hildbrandt machines. And others will not.

So what to get? If you plan on upgrading your machines every once in a while, start by finding a frame that works for you. One you both like and one that has the right angle of things. Then you could fill that up with different parts.

Now the Sharpz machines arent the most expensive on the market, but many will swear to them as good machines.
      And dont get fooled by cheap machines on E-bay, were it says that its because of 70% sale… Its not…. ;)

littleinker
      Participant

Hmmmm…I’m not going to get a chance to really hold any of them to know if they feel right so what I’m leaning towards at this stage is to get the Hildbrandt kit so I have everything in it and then get myself a Mickey Sharpz machine either straight away or a week or so after. That way I have the power supply, grips, etc and can just replace/upgrade as I need or when I decide that something isn’t working for me. What are your thoughts on this?

robroy289
      Participant

@littleinker wrote:

Riiiight…. that was kind of what I suspected. I’ll check out the Micky Sharpz and also others that are around including the Hildbrandt kit that Ram said was good. Out of curiosity, are Micky Sharpz and Micky Bee the same company?

Two totally different company!!Try bicknee.com Really great machines!!

littleinker
      Participant

Thanks Rob, I’ll check it out. :)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan