• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      robertvest

TOP TEN …….Start with name brands 1st…….Then top Guns…….ect….. Come on lets have some fun!

Toombs

I’d have to say dragonhawk ink is pretty good with shading…. Well for me anyway lol

Jester
      Participant

Starbrite all the way!!

vampirej

Hey, my cousin did my shoulder tattoos (birds), used some brand of white ink on the wings. So then they healed and the white totally disappeared. He bought starbrite ink and redid them…TOTALLY fixed the problem. :D

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

i wouldnt say there is one brand specifically better than another. now there are brands that are just horrible, but out of the wide variety of colors available there are certain brand colors that are more vibrant, or more smooth to work with. it’s all about your personal preferences. i have some millenium colors that i like more than starbrite, and vise versa. you have to find what works for you. to say one brand is better than another, might not be the case for someone else. you will eventually find your pallete…hope this helped some.

suvla

kuro sumi is pretty darn good stuff had it used on loads of my tattoos

glamtastic

i use KuroSumi for linning and grey wash and for color i like mums or bloodline series by skin candy

torifgarder

At this time, a lot of branded ink products are available in the market. But before purchasing , you should be very sure about the lead amount in the ink.

Fusion has some good colors… I like certain individual colors from certain companies.
      Check out Intenz and starbrite – micky sharps

nedmanders

i am going to try the moms inks next, i like very bright colors so i am hoping they are good for that.

or would intenze be better for that?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

KuroSumi is rad for Outlining, and shading by fat.

I like Alla Prima for nice solid colours, and mixing. As they are all prime colours they mix very well

after that I’d have to say Fusion, or Starbrite

masterofnone

I just picked up some alla prima prima black and its sweet goes in like warm butter on toast I’m suprised I haven’t heard anyone talking about it heals dark as Dynamic but u can create your own graywash simply with water or wh . Any feedback welcome. PS anyone had problems with intenz bright orange.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah Alla Prima white, and black are AMAZING! They mix well, and heal well. I also use Alla Prima, and water to do my own shading. :3

robroy289
      Participant

Intenze lining black works good for me, and Starbrite for my bright colors, Mom’s for the darker tones.. I have found those flow very well together and heal great… :lol:

murai89
      Participant

i dont really like moms.. preferred intenze eternal silverback starbrite fusion.

robroy289
      Participant

Sense the last time i posted i have changed up some of my inks, I only use Intenze mostly now With a few starbrites…. Mom’s ink sucks compared to these…

Sabio

Ink’s/Pigments… That is a complicated subject… on my experience, inks works different in every skin… some people skin take any ink some people are a bit complicated and only works good with a specific brand… For me so far, I like SkinCandy… I have been using it for the past year or so and I am very pleased…I used to use Mom’s…

Now on the machines… I personally buy my machines from 2 places:

Coil Machines: http://martini-machines.com and I use the Calavera II
      Rotary Machines: http://www.frictiontattoo.com and I use the *PRO* Diablo Rotary Machines

Jmo73

I use skincandy bloodline and their jet black for outlining. It all works great.

Jmo73

Alla prima is also kick ass but you will pay for it.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan