• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      chadley

I was super nervous . Thank god it was my leg. Coil machine, 3rl , prism tribal black.

Viper65

Looks good! what did you use for shading???

TexasPT

looks like a solid first effort.

If you have the whole prizm kit use the regular black for lining rather than the tribal. It is a thinner mix and goes in smoother. The tribal black is meant for solid fills. I’ve actually thinned it a bit with witch hazel to line…just seems to go in better for me.

Mark

chadley

@Viper65 wrote:

Looks good! what did you use for shading???

I whipped up a one drop wash , and used a 7fs. I’ve since added a little more shading and a banner to the piece. Will take another picture and post tonight.

chadley

@TexasPT wrote:

looks like a solid first effort.

If you have the whole prizm kit use the regular black for lining rather than the tribal. It is a thinner mix and goes in smoother. The tribal black is meant for solid fills. I’ve actually thinned it a bit with witch hazel to line…just seems to go in better for me.

Mark

I will try that on my next one, makes since. My other blank leg has been staring at me the last couple days. Lol. Thanks for the advice. Are the prizm inks worth messing with? Will they hold up in the skin?

TexasPT

anything put in correctly will hold up.

I bought the entire prism set, and I love it. The problem with prizm, is they don’t POP like eternal or Intenze. the color is good but it is a bit flat, or almost pastelish, in comparison. I would say go ahead and spend another $50 and get the eternal or intenze. If you look at the stuff I have posted here, it’s all prizm. Now I line with Kuro Sumi and have Eternals in my sights for my next ink.

chadley

Here it is after healed. And with more shading, and goofed around with a little blue in the feathers .also added the banner with my grandmothers name who passed away a few years back.

real dope! did you use a stencil or free handed it?

chadley

@grabsomething wrote:

real dope! did you use a stencil or free handed it?

thank-you. stencil for the bird, free hand on the name and banner.

nice 8-)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan