• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      calquinn

can someone tell me what is ment by a convent liner is it short for conventional? and what is the difference between one and a cut back, as in the lines or performance it produces ….. Please ? looking to get myself a decent liner. Have any of you got any ideas on what make to get.

jtdaltonsr

This, my friend, CANNOT be answered. Machines are a tool of preference. What I mean is, some artist use a machine that has different brands of coils from the frame, armeture bar, etc. because of their preference.So labeling the BEST machine would really be a frankenstein. The only advise to this is to STAY AWAY FROM CHINESE KITS!!!!! Invest in some good American stuff.

calquinn

I made sure that I did not buy anything from China when I started out. I did buy a tattoo kit,with two machines , from a good tattoo supplier in the UK. The liner works fine, although I have stripped it down and put some better springs on. The shader though did not work well even after changing springs. So I bought a Micky Sharps “Iron” shader. Works great. I would like to buy another liner at the moment just to have a 10 wrap to do bigger lines. and to see how a more expensive machine does lines. I have now got the cheap shader to work by sanding off the paint which looked plastic , and putting it all back together. it’s very soft and good for shading now. Thanks for your comment, it made me look at the shader again and now it’s working.

Kingdomcome

@jtdaltonsr wrote:

The only advise to this is to STAY AWAY FROM CHINESE KITS!!!!! Invest in some good American stuff.

Ok, first, im a newb. So, feel free to bash me ;)

Second, i ear that alot, and that was the main reason i bought from a UK supplier, and im quite happy with my machines….. BUT can you explain why cant i buy from china??
      is that an american thing? Are they bad?? does buying from china influence the American debt?

Dont take me wrong, please. I just want to find out if its a national thingy, a corporate thingy, or if its just cos chinese machines suck!

Im from Portugal, and i know at least 3 tattoo suppliers here, that import parts from china, possibly machines, and sell them for 300% margin or more.

I’ve tryed a Lauro Paolini and it was very good indeed, but im talking about apprentice, learning curve tattoo machines, are chinese machines that relevant bad?

Thank you in advanced for your help.

EDIT: How about Chinese Ink?? machines are bad, but the Ink is good?? Everyone loves Sumi! Or is a good Sumi made in America?

calquinn

I’m from the UK, so No it’s not a US A thing. The thing is about China is they counterfeit everything. inks are a No no from China you don’t know what they are made of or if they are sterile . Their electrical equipment is really bad and some are very dangerous . hope this helps.

jtdaltonsr

yeah its not an American thing, its just that everything that Ive owned from china has been crap. Not just tattoo equipment. But especially tattoo equipment! The quality is what they lack in thier work, they only worry about quantity. So again, you get what u pay for. Chinese frames are famous for being just bent sheet metal, which is never the correct angles that it is supposed to be, not allowing the geometry of the frame to allow the machine to operate sufficiently. When you get a good frame, try to find frames that are cut from a single block of metal, not bent from a single sheet. They are better quality all around.

jtdaltonsr

Oh and REAL Koro Sumi is Japanese…FYI

Kingdomcome

:D

Thank you so much!
      Im glad i didnt bought any, then!

Rees

Not the end all expert, but I posted something awhile back that I had read from Eikon. The 8 wraps are actually more efficient than the 10s. I posted a link to the machine-gun magazine torrent so people could take a look if they wanted. I built three machines with what I learned from that set of magazines, they’re actually for sale right now if you look over in the selling equipment section. I built them with 8 wraps and they run alot better than my superior 10 wrap machines did, and at a lower voltage.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan