• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

Hey guys.

Yub I’m still new on this forum, been reading all I can. (And yub, stil a Dane, so sorry if my spelling sometimes is off)

Now, I am planning on starting op from basics. Practise skind all the way, and I was planning on doing it, as if it were a real person. And I’ve been doing my shopping list. And would like to get your oppinion on weather or not I have it all.

Two Machines (coils)
      A liner
      A shader
      (I proberbly need advice on which machines are any good, but not at this point)

Disposeple needles, tubes and grips. (cannot afford an autoclave at this point, so only steril things in bags for now)

Power supply
      Clip cord
      Footpedal

Plastic bag for machine (and/or cord, I dont know whats most important, since it differs from one shop to the next… Nahh get em both)

Alkohol wipes (or should I go with spray?)
      Green soap

Vaseline (Thats what my mentor used, but I read someplace that it isent any good, so is it?)

Stencilpaper
      Stencil liqued (dosent look like its spelled correct)

Ink ofcourse (there is only one supplier in Denmark that has a deal with Intenze, so I think I should order from that place. I dont trust the others)

Gloves (latax free)

Disposable trays for the work space.

Well thats it. Did I miss anything? And what would the price be for everything I just posted? (Ohhhh I forgot, I’m from Denmark, which means, that any price in the world, cheap or not, you put an extra tax on danish prices abou 30 to 40 %, and you have what things cost in Denmark :shock:) So when I ask for prices, just give me yours, and I’ll take care of the danish tax. :lol:

I would say spend about $250-$300 on each tattoo machine you purchase (any more than that is a rip off).
      I would spend about $250-400 on a good power supply.
      And needles and tubes: Get disposable on both – unless you want to shell out $3000 or $5000 for an autoclave.

These prices are in USD.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

You look like you have a pretty basic set up. I’d get another machine. One for packing in some rad colour. Personally I had 11 machines all coil.

I have my HP-2 Power Supply, and am trying to get an HP-3

I use the Aegis Foot Petal from Hildbrant, and currently use only Hildbrant machines

Eikon Clip Cord sleeves, and I use regular fold and lock sandwich bags for my machine

I have a total of four squirt bottles: disinfectant[1], distilled water [2], wash bottle [3], and stencil solution [4]

1. I use CaviCide, but there are many other products out there like MediCide
      2. I use distilled water mixed with 2 capfulls of witch hazel
      3. I use 1 part PurKlenz mixed with 10 parts water with 2 caps of witch hazel and 2 caps of bactine
      4. 1 part isopropyl alcohol mixed with 7 parts detol. spray glove and rub on. repeat until tacky not wet

my ointment is PurKlenz instead of vaseline(you can also use A&D ointment, or after inked). its much better. I use vaseline only as a glue for my ink cups and rinse cups

disposable ink cups, tongue depressors to remove vaseline from the tub without cross contaminating, dry lock bandages, 3 different sized ink cups, razors, a plethora of markers for freehand work, stencil paper, needles with disposable grips, a sharps container, nitrile gloves, nipple grommets, rubber bands, saran wrap to cover your bottles, and your work station. label all of your bottles and jars. a small stainless steel garbage can with a foot operated lid, paper towel, kitchen catchers for the garbage that will be changed after each tattoo. some people also cover their foot pedals with bag as well. clip cord.

you will also need some tools: two sets of allan keys [imperial, and metric], and as an added luxury you can get an armature bar alignment tool, and a spring/armature bar jig. there are machine stands out there but they need to be autoclaved to be reused so dont use those, or ink cup holders.

Other bonuses are an arm rest, and a bed. I use a massage bed from a spa.

Consent forms, and aftercare sheets are also a must. as well as somewhere to put them. I use manilla envelopes

inks: i recommend radiant, star brite, intenze, alla prima, and fusion

hand sanitizer of at least 70% alcohol. I use this both on myself, and the client. I clean, shave, hand sanitizer, stencil solution, then stencil. an office fax machine can be purchased used cheap, and then used as a stencil copier. a computer with a working printer will also be a GREAT asset. Bactine also helps a lot! :3

youll also need hand soap

hmmm I think thats pretty much everything. This is all I could think of off of the top of my head haha.

Lennart82
      Participant

Done. Got myself two other machines.
      And the tatsoul foot switch :D :D :D

Next big buy, has to be my powersupply. Its not bad, but after 4 or 5 hours, it tends to give an uneven current.

And I have to thank you for your reply. Most usefull.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

tatsoul has amazing foot switches

as for the power supply try looking into Pulse or the Hurricane HP-3

garenlevon

I am using latest high quality sweden motor rotary tattoo machine. I had purchased it from the alibaba. It is quite good from the other machines, it cost is $ 61.9. Try this one.

Lennart82
      Participant

@garenlevon wrote:

I am using latest high quality sweden motor rotary tattoo machine. I had purchased it from the alibaba. It is quite good from the other machines, it cost is $ 61.9. Try this one.

Then I am 100% certain, that its not a Stingray :D
      But I dont know when it comes down to a rotory machine. Yes I have one, but I dont know, its not the first machine I pick up, when deciding what to do on different tattooes.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I have a Firefly, but I never used it since I got it so it migrated to my shelf of supplies I have for sale lmao!

Jbeaufosho

I realize this post is a little old and you’ve probably bought whatever you need by now, but I just gotta tell you pulse (located in my home state Ct) makes an AMAZING power supply. I don’t know of you’re the type that likes digital read-outs and all that jazz, but this shit is no frills stripped down raw power. My mentors been tattooing for 20 years and knows his shit. He HATES Pulse and he LOVES that power supply. All it has is a 10 turn dial and an on/off switch and a status light. It’s like 250usd but its worth every penny

Anonymous
      Inactive

Probably the quality and the significant which is concern with an right strategy will give an very natural and perfect look

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan