• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Ines

Please be kind, comments good or bad all help for growth. Keep in mind all my tattoos is done freehand.

angie

wow its nice :)

Infamous
      Participant

The picture is really fuzzy, from what I can see it looks okay. I would recommend using a stencil though

Ines

Thanks, will do my best to use a stencil on my next tattoos, why is a stencil so important, is it for the customers or for the artist?

Lennart82
      Participant

It looks good for a freehand :)
      But still, a bit fussy. Closeups, for the fine details to be judged;)

But why stencils? Its a good thing to be able to do freehand for quick adjustments. But when you do bigger, more complicated pieces, you really want those stencil marks to follow. Its for your own help. You could forget something important. Once the machines been in your hand for 5 hours strait, and going on the last 2 hours, you really need your stencils. ;)
      But I have seen perhaps 2 or 3 artist doing entirely freehands, without stencils, so not saying its impossible :ugeek:

Ines

Thanks for the great advise, really do take not of it.

it seems that most of my pics that are better quality does not work on this site … 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels… will have to go crop them or something first.

Lennart82
      Participant

You could always use photobucket or tinypics as an uploader ;)

Infamous
      Participant

I would feel comfortable doing freehanded tribal but when it comes to doing things that are a bit more intricate I feel the need to use a stencil, everything you do is permanent afterall

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks really good for a freehand piece :3
      try to get a better camera. the better quality the photo the better for us to judge :3

Ines

okay, uploaded some photos of what i have here with me on Photobucket ohttp://s1360.photobucket.com/user/IDKdragon1/media/Tattoos%20done%20by%20Ines/IMG_20130624_092223_zpsf1f3daad.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4nly

hope this works

photo IMG_20130401_024959_zpsdf5437ca.jpg

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

doesnt work for me D:

Infamous
      Participant

Clicked it, said it was broken, sorry

JDawnPearls

I wasn’t able to see the link either … but I am not so sure I would want an artist to do a tattoo on me if it was freehand, even if they did a good job before. I say that because the final product (permanent) is all about how you get there. Process is an important aspect of any art. I may “freehand” my pencil drawings, but I have a process that starts me focused on placement / perspective / accuracy … from which I build and finish the drawing. When I get a tattoo, I would want the artist to appreciate the stencil as the initial start of the tattoo because practice makes perfect, guides keep you going and the artist in you finishes the final look. Does that make any sense?

Infamous
      Participant

Well, to be fair “free-handed” usually isn’t completely free-handed it usually starts with the artist drawing with sharpie directly on the skin and then tattooing it.

Is yours completely free-handed, I wonder?

Lennart82
      Participant

I have only seen three or so, in my entire life, doing completely freehanded stuff.
      (And we are no talking about my brother who bought a kit, and just started to tattoo himself, no stencil, no sterilisation, no gloves, no experience, no nothing. I have never seen a star that much off, it looks like an axe)
      I mean pieces of utmost art.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

im hoping to get some spray stuff samples ins oon from Stencil Stuff and do some freehand drawing tattoos soon :D

Ines

lol, some of the stuff i do with a scribe first or body liner what ever they call it, but that is more for the customer then for me, it is to ensure that the placement is correct and that he is happy with what he wanted and see that it is what he is getting, I did my first stencil tattoo on my self, not as easy as doing free hand, have to work from out side inwards… more painful as well.

I do agree that a stencil can be really help full with more complicated work. will see if i can sort out the link for the pick.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan