• This topic is empty.
Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      DuchessCCC

Hello my name is Duchess and I am new , I had a teacher , and she said I impressed her then all of a sudden she said that is it I won’t apprentice you anymore. It took the wind out of my sales but I think from everything that I have been told I could make a good tattoist . That being said I would like to learn more and more as you can never quit learning in this creative and artistic endeavor.Here is the first tattoo I ever got .

Viper65

Welcome…. :D

xDreamerx
      Participant

Welcome to the site. Feel free to join in on any conversations or share some of your art.

I like this tiger piece, looks like a real clean flash piece. Awesome!

DuchessCCC

Well I have been practicing hard on practice skin and those that see the work say I am improving greatly , but I guess I still lack the confidence to even show my practice skin work as I don’t think it is that good. I also think having someone to mentor you does help but I will prevail. I will post some of my tattoo flash though it is way better than my tattooing right now.

Viper65

Oh come on….lets see some of the practice work, it helps when folks tell you where you need to improve and what your doing right or wrong!!!! :D

TexasPT

I’m with Viper…posting your weaknesses helps turn them into strengths.

DuchessCCC

Ok I will post some of my work as soon as I can borrow my sons camera to take the pictures of my work thank you for the kind and powerful words , one question though how does the dragons head look

Viper65

Looks like a dragon’s head!!!! Looks fine… ;)

TexasPT

looks good…I’d say if you want your drawing to translate over to tattooing with a smoother transition get in the habit of doing single pass lines on your drawings. If a second pass is needed…keep it on top of the first. I’ve always been a “sketcher” but have tried to kick the habit when I’m putting down final lines.

DuchessCCC

here are the tattoo’s so far all are on practice skins and I must say they are not good

DuchessCCC

here are the tattoo’s so far all are on practice skins and I must say they are not good

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

DuchessCCC

This is all the work I have done so far but I am kind of discouraged due to the crappy nature of what I have done to date

TexasPT

First thing that stands out is that you are in a hurry. You want the color to go in but you are not being patient. Slow down and saturate. That alone will improve it 10x. Also…don’t sketch lines. Be very specific on where you want the machine to go.

I’d say you are off to a WONDERFUL start. Keep working on improving every time you pick up a machine. Practice like it is for real.

Mark

DuchessCCC

@TexasPT wrote:

First thing that stands out is that you are in a hurry. You want the color to go in but you are not being patient. Slow down and saturate. That alone will improve it 10x. Also…don’t sketch lines. Be very specific on where you want the machine to go.

I’d say you are off to a WONDERFUL start. Keep working on improving every time you pick up a machine. Practice like it is for real.

Mark

Thank you Mark I will do as you suggest , it will be helpful I am sure

Viper65

I also agreee with Mark, your off to a good start just slow your roll a little bit. I tried those practice skins and they can be a real bitch to get color in them so i know how frustrated you might be. If you have a local butcher get a fatback, pig ears, or pork belly to work on, they are very close to human skin and the inks will take much better.
      Like Mark also said, in your outline be specific where you go, dont do a back and forth movement, put the ink the first time and be done with it. Coloring can be difficult, small circular motions, cross hatching, and even coloring like you would do with a pencil works, but patience is what you need. Try doing some small stuff first and working your way to the bigger pieces after you master the little ones. Work on shading as well, thats a huge part of applying a tattoo and making it look good as a end result.
      Bottom line is dont give up….

DuchessCCC

@Viper65 wrote:

I also agreee with Mark, your off to a good start just slow your roll a little bit. I tried those practice skins and they can be a real bitch to get color in them so i know how frustrated you might be. If you have a local butcher get a fatback, pig ears, or pork belly to work on, they are very close to human skin and the inks will take much better.
      Like Mark also said, in your outline be specific where you go, dont do a back and forth movement, put the ink the first time and be done with it. Coloring can be difficult, small circular motions, cross hatching, and even coloring like you would do with a pencil works, but patience is what you need. Try doing some small stuff first and working your way to the bigger pieces after you master the little ones. Work on shading as well, thats a huge part of applying a tattoo and making it look good as a end result.
      Bottom line is dont give up….

Thank you I will give that a try

DuchessCCC

I do have a question which is the better shader a rounder or a mag please I have tried both and am still not sure which is better as well what is a good ink , please and thank you

TexasPT

different tools for different jobs, really. I like to build lines with round shaders but think I can get a better blend with a mag. A 5rs will fill in tighter places easier (to me) , I think, but if I have a large area to fill I’ll use a mag.

which ink is best is like asking which girl is prettiest…it’s all a matter of personal preference. For practice skins go as inexpensive as you can.

This is art. There are no right or wrong techniques. It all comes down to the finished project. If you can create a beautiful piece using unconventional needle groupings….do it. :)

you tube has great stuff and don’t be afraid of google. the more you try to learn the more you will know. knowledge is power, knowing is half the battle, and only YOU can prevent forest fires.

Mark

Viper65

we really need to move this convo. over to the apprentice area of the forum. we have good question being brought up with some excellent answers, lets keep it going just in the correct area!

viper

DuchessCCC

ok will do sorry

Viper65

No need to appologize…I just want to make sure we are reacing out to everyone as some folks dont bother to check this section out too much. We have a good topic going and just want to make sure everyone see’s it!!!! :mrgreen:

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan