• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      dangelo21

a piece I did on a friend. Need to work on my shading but ill get there.
      Bring on the criticism. ;)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/1rtl.jpg/

Lennart82
      Participant

Now, I dont know, how longs its been since you made this, but its faded really bad. What kind of ink did you use for this?

dangelo21

I used kokkai sumi ink. Yeah the inside of the 80 is faded. But what ink would you prefer for shading?

Lennart82
      Participant

How long since you made it?

Hmm what I use? Thin my own washes, out of Kuro Sumi, with witch hazel. But never more then 50% then the original.

dangelo21

I actually did this not to long ago. About a week. I just didn’t darken the inside enough. Or maybe he was using to much ointment or out in the sun to make it fade like that.
      I bought the light, medium, dark kokkai sumi ink. But I also use kuro sumi ink for outlining. Works wonders.

Lennart82
      Participant

A week old???? My god, it looks like its 2 years old :o
      Were did you buy that ink?
      Honestly, I think you’ve been hagged.

A tattoo just a week old, or even 6 weeks old, shouldnt faded like this.

Only reason I can think of is;
      Fake ink or your friend there, took way to many swims in chlorine swimming pools. And I mean, he placed himself in a pool, and stayed there 6 hours a day.

dangelo21

Maybe your right. Ima have to invest in some witch hazel. I figured there was something sketchy about that ink. Got it from eBay. Learn from my mistakes.

You wouldn’t happen to know a couple legit sites I could get some tattoo stuff from?
      I know of some like superiortattoo and worldwidetattoo but they are usually limited on supplies.

I’m also using a hildbrant .444 marlin for my shading. Seems to be good so far, just not with the ink. But I will look into the witch hazel and see if that works better for me. Thanks for the input though. :)

Lennart82
      Participant

Witch Hazel, is a good investment.

E-bay…. Well, stay of sites like that ;)
      Hmm if I know any? Well every supplier in my country is legit, but I wouldnt recommend them for people out of my country. Guess, this is were other members forum will come in and inlighten you.

And why I wouldnt recommen my ones? I dont think you should spend 130% extra paying Danish tax and told and delievery and moms and so on and so forth. ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Kokkai Sumi is actually a fake brand of Kuro Sumi
      i recommend trying that
      my biggest irk with this tattoo is how far your drop shadow is. instead of adding dimension it just makes the design hard to read D:

Lennart82
      Participant

That too, I focused on the 80 thing. :oops:

And I did not know it was a knockoff… Never tried it, but heard of it. But now, I will never try it… :)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan