• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys,

My name is Matt, I’m 36 and I hail from the valley of the sun. I too am teching myself the art of tattooing. I got my first piece when I was 19 by a guy named Sprout @ Ratatattoo – I went back the next night and got another!
      I began looking for apprenticeships everywhere I went, and after what seemed like the 1000th ‘sorry’, I gave up hope and went on with a different career choice. Well, I’m burnt out on the IT industry, and damnit, I want to ink for a living!!
      I’m learning everything I can everyday via web, books, videos.
      I have a mortgage, a kid, 2 car payments and a wife- so my current full time career is a requirement until I can make the transition- thus the lack of a formal apprenticeship.
      My ears and eyes are always open to anything I can learn!!
      I look forward to being part of the board!

-M@

CHILLY

Good to see im not the only one!

xDreamerx
      Participant

Hey…..me too man. I work on an AF Base – Information Systems……but inking is my true calling/passion. I’ve already got all the requirements down to open up shop, just need to save more pennies and continue to communicate with those who currently own studios just incase I over look anything.

matt, you ARE not alone.

4 kids.

mortgage.

wife.

circus skills expenses ( we all do fire shows, Poi Staff Swords (custom built) and fire breathing, parrafin is bloody expensive)

and the job.

we gotta start some where.

Andi

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan