• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      stanski

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/401082_2836944641731_1202677502_32609920_797073059_n.jpg

I did this for my wife on the ankle it goes all the way around. what do you all think of it

giliegil

that’s cool – the next step would be to put a shadow on it……..with a light grey wash – shadow it ………

stanski

Thanks i will try and see if she wants me to add it to it and were should it be added under it and around some of the flowers as well

giliegil

depends – u can just mirror the design under it – or u can get creative and make it like the skin is the floor and some parts are touching and other parts are floating over – do it with a marker first – draw a line around from the lowest point of the tattoo – that is the part that “touches” so u dont shadow it – when the design goes up – you shaddow goes slightly up – when it gose down – the shadow dissapears – it’s hard to explain – study the effect of light on objects and find the shadows – see what the shadow does in response to where the light is …….. :geek: it’s just your wife – she’ll be ok if you mess it up…….lol just kidding :lol: – naw but for realz – if you go ahead with the next level – just do some homework on it – because it’s actually harder to explain than it is to do……

stanski

Thanks for the pointers I am getting more here then from the guy that showed me how to do thing like i said he moved and now i am left out in the clouds to figure thing out for myself. thanks to this site I can get some more in site to how to do things the right way and make my work look real good. I have always wanted to be a tattoo artist since i was like 5 when i seen my first tattoo done on my brother i was blown away how cool it was. the artist was so cool and talked me through all the steps he was doing and showed me all of his machines and let me hold some of the different ones he had. I was hooked since then I started drawing every day and got better at it.

Thanks once again giliegil for the pointers

giliegil

ur welcome – just paying it forward…….. 8-)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan