• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cath

Hi you guys. I ran in to this Forum when I was searching the web for tattooing information. First of all, I apalogize for my bad english. My mother tounge is swedish, so…

I have been thinking about getting into tattooing since I was a young teenager. I have always loved art, and I love to draw. I come from a family within the tattoo culture. In the latest year I have been reading, watching videos and youtube clips, studying as much as possible and yesterday I tried my tattoo kit on a grape fruit. Yeah, the thing with tattoo kits doesn’t seem very popular among tattoo artists. I get that, there are a lot of unserious people out there. How ever, I’m only tattooing grape fruit, so calm down.

Ofcourse I would LOVE TO get an apprenticeship. There is nothing I would rather do, but to be honest I dont know how. I’m an adult, with bills to pay and a daughter to provide for. I can’t quit my 8-17 job, for economical reasons.

So my question is really: how do you provide for your self during an apprenticeship? Everywhere in theese forums and when you search the web, people magically seems to be able to provide for them selfes during the apprenticeship. So how do I do this? Or are the tattooing career only for the people with a lot of money?

My biggest dream has allways been to work with my hands, create beautiful art and make people happy. I have done just that in a small amount, when drawing pictures and selling, but I wan’t to take this to the next level. Help me trough!

RogerRockit

Welcome, Cath. You come from a part of the world that I highly respect and would love to visit someday. I am in the same boat as you, I work 50+ hours/week and have a son with special needs, doing a full-time apprenticeship is probably something I will never be able to do. So, like you, I am doing as much home research and practice as I safely can. I believe there are artists out there who might understand our circumstances and be willing to do a more part-time apprenticeship. Keep looking, that eye picture shows some amazing artistic talent.

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome!!! Just hang in there and you will find a way. Ask question’s on here.. A lot of question’s!!! I did a full apprenticeship and i am glad that i did so but, most of my knowledge came to me from this forum! When i started my apprenticeship i already knew how to tattoo reasonably well, so everything my mentor taught me i had an even better understanding of what was going on. I am still learning every day .That is what this site is for! Those of us that love this art but cannot just drop our responsibility’s all at once or whatever the situation may be. This industrie is over pouring with great artist every day and they all started from this point. So hang in there, I hope this will help…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan