• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cjmahone66

i’ve always liked American military flash, that’s what first got me interested in tattoos when i was a teenager. anyway, there is all kinds of Army and Marine flash out there, but i don’t see much Air Force stuff. thought i would try out a sheet for the good old U.S. Air Force!
      i’m not happy with my text, it’s pretty wonky and un-uniform. need to plan that out better next time. i would also do the skull much differently if i had to do over. but all in all, i had fun with this one.
      Micron pens, india ink, watercolor.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/248036_469108896448497_353967448_n.jpg

Johnny

Dude I really like ur old school style. I actually like the not so perfect lettering. I’m partial to realism and gore for my own drawings, and sometimes finding my motivation is impossible. But ur cranking out drawings like a crack head. Do you apprentice full time? The skull is kinda whack though, especially since I’ve seen ur other work.

cjmahone66

no apprenticeship for me :( i have a good career and i’ll have to keep it for now because i have a family to support.
      i just draw whenever i have a minute, sometimes for just 5 minutes at a time. on this piece for instance, it took me about a week to do it working on it just a little at a time.
      thanks for comments.

Johnny

Ya dude you need to be in a shop. You seem like you have a really good head on your shoulders and talent. Not common you get both. I hear you on the family thing though. I used to draw every day, then I got a wife, and then two kids, and now after I spend the day tattooing, and answering texts from my wife about how crazy our kids are, the last thing I want to do is draw haha

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan