• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jtdaltonsr

Does anyone know this bit of important information???? When lining, do you hold the machine at a 45 degree angle from the side of the line, or do i hold the machine at a 45 and “push” the machine right over top of the line? i hope u guys understand my question.

falconier

@jtdaltonsr wrote:

Does anyone know this bit of important information???? When lining, do you hold the machine at a 45 degree angle from the side of the line, or do i hold the machine at a 45 and “push” the machine right over top of the line? i hope u guys understand my question.

push the line at a 45 and if your moving along the side then you’ll want to raise it alittle…if im wrong please correct me because im no expert.

Depends. haha – I know that’s not what you want to hear..but…
      You really can do whatever you want. Typically 30-45 degrees is okay – but depends. Sometimes 0 degrees works for lining a tattoo.. You just have to practice…
      Get good machines and good coils good power supply… and make sure machine is i tune!
      Best of luck…

robroy289
      Participant

That is right! When im doing a peace i go all sorts of angles! 45 degrees is a good starting point.. Try your best when doing a long line to run it the whole way out , by that i mean if you are doing say a star make sure make each line meet before stopping because if you loft up and try to start again it is hard to make that line meet or match up… Not impossible but hard! You may already know that I don’t know, just trying to be helpful..

Breach

@rehannaz wrote:

The machine needs to be pulling the skin tight so your machine will penetrate with accuracy .The replaceable blade that is exposed and recessed at the vertex of the angle formed by the housing .

http://edtattoo.sharepoint.com/Pages/HowToTattoo.aspx

Palm Placement / Pivot Point

Palm placement is a great way to make sure your hand is steady and your lines are straight and crisp. The hand that is holding your tattoo machine needs to maintain contact with your customers’ skin, and the hand not holding the machine needs to be pulling the skin tight so your machine will penetrate with accuracy. Use the palm of your machine hand to slide across the skin while you do long lines and to pivot on when you tattoo a curve. Your green soap solution will create a smooth surface that your hand will slide smoothly across. See the section on “proper angle of execution” for information on the direction to push.

http://www.google.com/patents/US20060016306

Landscape utility knife assembly
      US 20060016306 A1

Abstract

A landscape utility knife assembly discloses a single tool that can puncture the middle of a landscape liner and make the incisions necessary to place plants in the middle region of a landscape or garden area. The knife assembly consists of a replaceable blade and housing. The housing is composed of three regions: a handle region, a blade region, and a penetration region. These regions, which compose the housing, are arranged geometrically to form an acute angle. The tip of the penetration region forms a sharp point that can puncture a landscape liner. The penetration region is adjacent to the blade region and serves also to guide the liner into the replaceable blade that is exposed and recessed at the vertex of the angle formed by the housing.

It’s a semi smart bot, looking for keywords from the web and then making up it’s own answers. lol

For me I have found that holding my machine perpendicular to the skin all the way around is the best for not getting any blow out nor any thick/thin lines. It’s all personal preference, but in theory holding you tip up and down to the skin works best.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan