• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      TexasPT

Drew this up yesterday. I think I’m going to put it on my lower thigh. Should be a great opportunity to play with highlights, blending, and shading. Going to use as many blues as I can find in the background…still up in the air on the actual color(s) of the fish. Sorry the picture isn’t that great. It is drawn on tracing paper from a rough sketch I did.

On that note….what are your feelings about doing a piece sideways. Rather than running inner to outter thight…how about knee to hip? Do you think it matters or should everything face pretty much the same way. I’m torn on this one…because I like different and unconventional.

Viper65

I like it!

TexasPT

Thanks…seems like it will be a fun piece to do. Not sure when it will happen….

Tarantula

I don’t think it matters which way you want to put it, fish can pretty much go whichever way you like (look at koi tats!). If I do tats on my own legs I try to make them as challenging as possible, a detailed tattoo done upside down is a pretty good challenge, it also helps you concentrate on your lines more as your eyes aren’t telling you what it “should” look like.

TexasPT

That is kind of what I was thinking…it’s a fish. :)

dogslaughter

That’s adorable man, especially since I love fish.

ghooke

he angry-looking deep sea anglerfish has a right to be cranky. It is quite possibly the ugliest animal on the planet, and it lives in what is easily Earth’s most inhospitable habitat: the lonely, lightless bottom of the sea.
      There are more than 200 species of anglerfish, most of which live in the murky depths of the Atlantic and Antarctic oceans, up to a mile below the surface, although some live in shallow, tropical environments. Generally dark gray to dark brown in color, they have huge heads and enormous crescent-shaped mouths filled with sharp, translucent teeth. Some angler fish can be quite large, reaching 3.3 feet (1 meter) in length. Most however are significantly smaller, often less than a foot.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan