• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      rpaynejr1279

[attachment=0:2cuulds3]leg.jpg[/attachment:2cuulds3]more self leg work, the numbers are important dates to me, and time on clock is when my son was born, theme is family and faith, alot more to go but happy and proud so far. thanx :D

TexasPT

That’s a lot of ink and it’s looking nice. Especially nice when you can do something that means something to you.

My constructive criticism is more compositional. I think that when you are doing script, placing numbers, or creating a piece that needs to have definite spatial rules (like on a clock) that you measure twice and tattoo once. I’d also, before shading an area, ask why it’s being shaded. Where you put a lot of lighter grays between ares there really isn’t a reason for shading. I know you just didn’t want negative space. Don’t be afraid to use some color in those areas to really make the black pop and those meaningful numbers stand out. (unless that was meant to be all black and gray work. I just assumed not really because the roses had some color going on)

I hope this helps. I’ve gotten so many great ideas that have made me a little better each time here…but I am probably newer than you so take my input as opinion and not fact.

Mark

rpaynejr1279

Thanx, yeah i have no reason other than filling space for the black and grey shades and make the colored roses stand out i bit more, im three sessions in on the piece so far and im liking the progress im making, thanx alot, have a good one. :D

Personally, I’d add more shading on the dial, then hit it with an ivory color to simulate a vintage watch, but that’s just my .2c :) It’s an amazing piece, tribute pieces are always the best :)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan