• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      inkeyjoe666

well id just like to say a big hi to everyone,alittle about myself and my crazy journey so far.i started off working as a stone carver in a gruby stone yard,drawing, carving…carving ,drawing always been into tattoos and wanted to learn the trade as we know its hard to find an open door into the tattoo world.i bought my own little starter kit and thought it was a matter of pluging it in and draw on something or someone.a year after fumbling around in my kitchen i came across a guy in the stone yard i worked at and got talking about tattooing,it turned out he used to own his own shop in poland.over the next couple of weeks we got talking about how good it would be if we could open our own shop up and i could be is apprentice ,it sounded great .a couple of months later as luck would have it id found some premises,i would set the shop up and sort out all the paperwork as is english wasnt that good.the deal was we would go 50/50 and he would bring me upto a professional level,this guy was an excellent free hand artist,and tattooist.so we had our own shop things were on the move,i was in a great postion in life i was learning the trade in our own shop and getting paid as well,i got to the stage were i was doing basic flash under supervision ,then unsupervised this was my dream coming true.as time went on i noticed a change in my friend and partner something just wasnt right with him.for personal reasons he said he was leaving was going back home to poland…… so there i am not a lot of time under my belt only able to do flash,a shop to run and still everthing to learn,two choices let everything ive ever wanted go and go back to the wet stone yard,or use the little knowledge ive gained ,and try and keep running the shop,while still trying to learn the skills required to become a good tattoo artist.it as been a life learning experience one that holds no regrets,times when i just wanted call it a day but just kept going.well i am still in my shop im still learning, and will always be learning i suppose.its been a hard slog to get were i am now but its worth it,i know ive only started and have a life time of learning infront of me but what a life(its a way of life) stubbs

http://tattoo-apprentice.com/learn-how-to-tattoo-for-free/about/

So are you still tattooing?
      Sounds like a crazy story – welcome to the forum… keep me posted on your story!
      sounds interesting.
      You should set up a blog about it –
      http://www.blogspot.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan