• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Atchitol

my first tattoo on someone else. And i just bought a laptop to make posting stuff easier on here. well easier then using the phone. let me know what you think, i can take it.

Viper65

well, its different. I gotta ask myself sometimes why people want certain things on them FOREVER…. :D
      As far as the work…line weight, try to get even and consistant line weight throughout, looks like you may have pulled up a few places and got some weak lines. Hell, maybe thats what you was going for in the first place..
      Shading…the shading looks misplaced a bit, youve got shading on the top and shading on the bottom…that cant happen in real life. Pick a point of perspective when your working and work the shades from that angle, all of the shading on the top, bottom, left right…etc. that will improve the overall look. Contrast..color looks kinda weak, could be the camera. I bet though if you went over this with a darker red, you would see an immdiate difference in the quality of the overall piece. Dont forget your highlights…that also is important in making it really pop!!!

Ok..that was my critique. Overall, not bad, keep it up and continue to practice.

Tarantula

Shading at the top is supposed to be from the leaf I’m guessing? It looks slightly off but in all not a bad tattoo. Sometimes a real thick outline will make that style pop a bit more, maybe some reflected light would have been nice, and some more shading to give it more of a 3D feel. As Viper said if you go over it with some darker colours it would stand out more, leave some of the paler colour for your relected areas.

Atchitol

line weight-yes this is possible i may have pulled up to early. as for the shading…. i wasnt going for super realistic i was going off a flash picture and going off of the person who i was tattooings preference. when i get the chance i will go over again with a darker red and post pics. also the shading at the top was to help cover a bad misplaced line…… i was gonna leave it the way it was, but after this input im gonna try and fix it this weekend.I like weird, strange tattoos.

Viper65

Youll get there just slow your roll and take your time with things. Pay attention to the details cause thats what makes a good tattoo great.

TexasPT

@Viper65 wrote:

Youll get there just slow your roll and take your time with things. Pay attention to the details cause thats what makes a good tattoo great.

This is about the best advice I’ve seen on here. I’m guilty of not taking my time like I should…when I do, results follow.

Viper65

Thanks Mark… :mrgreen:

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan