• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jtdaltonsr

Got a question about the throw of the armeture bar. There is something called the ball system. When you look at the armeture bar nipple when powered on, what pattern do you have? what should I be expecting out of a Bulldog cutback liner? I have the book “Tattoo Machines and their Secrets” and it does explain it, but was wondering what other people are using for a sucessful bulldog cutback. Any advice would be apeciated. THANKS

robroy289
      Participant

I think but am not sure, its a line or triangle at the corner of the armature bar. I myself have never used this method. I was taught old school of dime thickness and from there bend the spring accordingly until it sounds and feels right.I hope this helps..

Rscotti91
      Participant

The ball system has to do with the armature bar nipple. When you run your machine pay attention to the the nipple, it will look like a BALL bouncing. The purpose of this is to get the armature bar nipple to stay at a consistent gap whether that be 1-3mm or more depending on what you prefer. This will help determine how the needle(s) puncture the skin. Hope this helps, if you still don’t understand just ask.
      R.Scotti

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Another way is like Rob said and use the triangle method
      when you run your machine you look at the A bar youll notice that it makes a sillhouette as it moves
      as you adjust your throw/voltage youll notice that youll see a shadow but a triangle in the A bar
      the thinner the triangle is closer to the nipple the better it is :3
      thats what i do for mine. i set he time throw, then use the triangle method
      finally once your needles are all on it and everything run the machine and gently press your thumb on the A bar nipple and see how much your machine bogs down
      if it doesnt bog down at all your Volts are too high
      if it runs back into the tube its too low
      you want it to bog down a little but not too much

hope this helps

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan