• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Loopi
      Johnny

It looks like you are scribbling or scetching your lines. Absolutely cannot do that on a human. Can I ask what kind of apprenticeship you have that you only get to go to the shop when you have your own client? You should be there every day, setting up stations, breaking them down, mopping haha, especially watching and learning. Especially when you mentioned that you are paying for your apprenticeship.

Loopi

My mentor has three shops spread around the munster area, so he isnt in the shop at all times. I asked him for a apprenticeship he took me on but I cant be in the shop every day as he has alot of artists he doesnt have room for me to be in there. Basically he gives me subjects and images etc I draw up images and he looks at them tells me what he would change and explains different techniques ie if a tattoo was to go on a arm or on the ribs he would show me how to draw to accomodate that area.

I practice on fake skin and melons. We kinda go around in circles like that for a few months. He will be with me tomorrow we are doing it while the shop is closed as he wants to give me 100% while i am tattooing.

In Ireland you dont have to do an apprenticeship there are no laws or governing bodies monitoring you. Basically if you wanna tattoo today and have a machine then there is nothing stopping you, even the Health and safety on it is a bit iffy as the government doesnt know how to regulate this area.

There are alot of guys with tattoo machines in ireland I mean ALOT! my tutor is polish and is well recognized as being the cleanest and best in this area, seriously if you google tattoo shops in cork, ireland and look at some of these guys work its terrible! Where my guy is the real sh*t! his work is amazing!

Asking for apprenticeship in ireland gets people laugh at you because they feel is an unnecessary!

green-t

ook so how did it go? first tattoo and all

You need to find a new mentor ASAP.
      Breaking down stations, cleaning, having your art critiqued and discussed, etc, is not teaching you how to tattoo. It’s Insulting your intelligence, and using your money to fund his studios. With regards the logos, as mentioned, it looks like you’re ‘sketching’, and while that may be a necessary technique for some designs, it isn’t the best technique for those designs… What needle size are you using? When I first started tattooing I was using 5rls, but soon found that 7rls gave a more satisfactory and consistent line. You also need to stop tattooing fruit. It feels totally different to Human skin. If possible, tattoo volunteers, or your own thighs to get used to tattooing Human skin…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan