• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Lately ive been doin quite a bit of work on practice skins and going between my thighs. I went back to my thigh today on my mudflap girl trying to shade it in. I posted a few pics if anyone can give me some advice. Seemed like i was too used to practice skins and had some trouble getting the ink in. For the most part i used whip shading with 75% bloodline greywash. It seems pretty red where i faded out im just worried there will be no real fade to it.

if it helps i used a 7 RS.

boot3rs
      Participant

whats bloodline greywash

sorry shoulda been more specific. its premixed greywash shades sold by the brand “bloodline”. i think maybe it would have been better if i used a flat needle grouping but im not sure if its 100% of the problem.

TexasPT

from the looks of it, it might come out a little light where it’s red. That’s actually a good thing for practice. You can always go back to it and make it darker…can’t go back and make it lighter.

For me, whip shading is 100000x easier with a mag. When you go back to this one, give it a shot. I think you’ll like the results.

I’d also come back with a lighter wash and take it out further…then a medium wash and not take it out so far, then a darker and keep it close to the lines. With the whip it should be a lot smoother.

good luck.

Mark

Alright texas thatnks for the help. Any idea why its so red in these areas? ive gotton alot of tattoos in my day and dont remember me being this red afterwords its deninately going down but if had this problem with another one of my thigh tats.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

the “red” area means there basically is no ink. you ran your needle to dry, meaning there was not enough ink in the tube. the good thing is it can be easily fixed.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan