• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      tat2dguru

So, I was online looking for tattoo books about shading techniques the other day and found this book. http://www.dotattoos.com/blackandgreytattooshading.htm?hop=wd333 If you look at the ad, it looks as if the book is nearly 100 pages or so and at the bottom of the page it claims a 60 day risk free guarantee. When I downloaded the book it was only 40 pages and they were HARDLY about shading techniques. The books that are listed as bonus books were not sent either. When I went to check out with the first book it prompted me to buy a book on machine tuning. Now I have the basics of tuning my machines but thought this book might have some more in depth tuning tips. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!!! 12 pages of MORE GARBAGE!!!!!! I’ve been trying to contact Tim the author (or should I say scammer) Now I know this will most likely shock you, but he is NOT returning my emails. I’ve told him that I was going to do what I am doing right now and contact my bank about going after my funds. So that will be later today. But I just wanted too let everyone know what this guy is pulling. These are the people that give tattoo a bad wrap!!!!!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

sorry to hear that bru. i generally don’t trust websites that have that generic set up
      have you tried “Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo” by C.R. Jordan?

tat2dguru

It’s on its way.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I have it here its a great book

tat2dguru

Hopefully it has some in depth tuning information. From what I’ve seen on the internet I should have a paper sized gap on the rear coil to A-bar and clean contacts. A starting point for liners is about a dime gap and a nickel for shaders. When I went to the tattoo academy they taught us about laws, sterilization, sanitation, and other business matters but we really didn’t get in the matter of machine tuning and shading techniques. We were on our own for these things. Hoping to get an apprenticeship at one of our local shops that will shed some insight on these things as well as just get some more seat time. Looking forward to getting the book and diving in. Any other books/videos you could suggest?
      Thanks

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

you can also pick up his DVD
      shows you all the ins and outs of the machine, break down, and rebuild :3

Spider
      Participant

Might help, this link should still be good, http://www.darkcarnivalink.com/tuning.html It’s not a bad beginning tuning guide really.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

is this what you were trying to link to Spider?

http://art-to-tattoo.blogspot.ca/2012/03/illustrated-guide-to-building-and.html

on that page you can actually download the PDF and print it :D

EDIT:
      Yesterday I clicked your link spider, and I got a 404 error, that’s why I linked the same thing you linked. I checked the link again today, and it worked. Sorry about that mate.

tat2dguru

AWESOME Spider!!!! Thanks so much!!! Some actual info I did not know about tuning a machine.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan