• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

If i purchase a “cheap” frame and rebuild it using quality coils, springs, and contacts would it run as well as the “expensive” version? I’m looking to build a cutback shader using a set of BSI cut back springs and speed bar. Will this fit on any frame or will i have to spend the money on a full on BSI machine? Has anyone attempted this? Thanks for the help.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

you can definitely get a cheap frame to run nice and smooth with the right parts and tuneing. do you really want to do this though? i mean you can buy a descent frame without breaking the bank. think of it this way, would you put Kia parts in a Cadillac? try searching rusty relics frames. you can probably pick up just a frame for about $75…and there nice solid frames.

I was thinking more along the lines of Cadillac parts in a Kia. The Machines that I’ve seen that I think look good aesthetically are the cheaper machines. I guess the real question would be; do all armatures, springs, and coils for coil machines fit about any frame? I don’t want to go down this path and find out that I’ve wasted time, effort and not to mention money on something that I can just get an answer for. Lessons learned from others you know.

Side bar, has any one used a reverse machine? I just saw a photo one from a British machine company. Looks pretty bad ass.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

essentially yes, parts are interchangable, but you need to take measurements to make sure your getting the right parts. ie: if you buy a mini frame then standard 1 1/4″ cores are to big. if you buy a standard frame 1″ cores are to short and require a yoke. you can pretty much make anything work, but if has to work correctly. as long as you tune it right it will sing. the machine is there for a reason, it has to work for you. you are only its guide….make sense?

completely. I’ll be sure to measure twice and order once. thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan