• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      dangelo21

blocks with my nieces name, Jaelynn Marie. Crown with wings and sun and rays and clouds.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

oh wow that turned out great!
      i like how you shaded the blocks
      they actually look like they have dimension :3

einvalentine
      Participant

Nice work!

Lennart82
      Participant

Looks great.

I like the idea with the blocks :)

dangelo21

Appreciate it guys! I’ve been trying to step my game up and for this piece I used witch hazel instead of that kokkai brand! :) helped out a lot. Lol but I was gonna ask you guys if there is any part of this tattoo that i could have been done better. Any critique is helpful. Thanks again!

Infamous
      Participant

Nope, this looks like something I would expect to come out of a professional shop. Good job

Lennart82
      Participant

Guess I’ll be the bad guy then ;)

But this is only meant as pure love. :lol:

The top of the crown, isent rounded as the bottom part of it. It clearly should have rounded a lot more, but its not.
      And weres your lighting coming from? Below? Top? Left or right? Your lights spring from every direction. Find a light from one place and stick with it. If your unfamiliar with lighting, then place a dot 5 inches or so away, in any direction, of the tattoo, trace two lines, touching the top and bottom of the tattoo design. Everywere this hits, has a light side.

The numbers in the crown are of scale. If you havent made a pre stencil of the numbers, or letters in that matter, you need to concentrate on getting the allignment 100 % acurate. Thats whats seperate the lions from the sheeps.
      If you accidentilly wiped the stencil away, then work on NOT to, Especially with lettering or numbers. :ugeek:

There! Was that a little better? :D

dangelo21

Much appreciated Infamous and Lennart. definitely got to work on things and I will work on my lighting. :D As of the numbers in the crown, I freestyled that but it could also use a little work on the alignment.

I really tried to take my time with this tattoo, didn’t want to rush anything and it came out better then I expected. ;) oh, and it healed great also.

Lennart82
      Participant

You need to be very carefull when freestyling any kind of letters or numbers…. You could stare your self blind in it. The ink could be smeared on the characters you have done. And in your mind, you could think/believe, you didnt miss anything. And then you wipe it clean, and sees Janus didnt have the J (Well this example can be fixed hahaha, but I hope you get my point)

dangelo21

Point proven haha. But I usually do a number or letter at a time then wipe to see where I’m at. And I try to avoid blobs of ink from piling up.

There is some parts of this tattoo that I do not like and I could have done better but it’s just trial and error. But overall I’m satisfied with it. Could have been worse, that’s what I usually think about. ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

if you do a lot of freehand you should pick up some Spray Stuff from http://www.stencilstuff.com

dangelo21

Just going to start posting pictures on this tread.

A portrait drawing of my uncle. Still a novice at it but this is what I would like to specialize in, photo realism.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8700/8tiu.jpg

Lennart82
      Participant

Not bad :D

You should give alot more attension to the eyes though ;) If you can mezmorise me with great looking eyes, I wouldnt have noticed the lifeless flat hat :P hahaha Just kidding.
      Well not really kidding, the hat looks a bit, dosent belong in the portrait – ish. ;)

You have an idea of how to do the gradient. And thats a BIG plus. When doing portraits, I dont know, but you have to see more, pay alot more attension here and there. Its those little tiny specticles, that makes the difference between a portrait, and a realistic portrait. ;)

But all in all, not that bad ;)

(Don’t mean to sound rude, but when it comes to portraits, it takes a lot to impress me ;) )

dangelo21

Haha any critique is helpful. Appreciate it though, and the hat was really hard to get the patterns right. I try to get every detail I see. From the light shadows to the dark and the wrinkles in the face. It’s tough I’m not going to lie. My biggest problem I have is with hair. :? Lmao

It’s tough though using a mechanical pencil for the whole piece. Any tips on different drawing utensils I can use to help me out? :?:

Lennart82
      Participant

I hear you, clothes can be a handfull.
      But if not done correct, it could be the line bewteen a good drawing, and a bad drawing ;)

Hair on the other hand, can also be a though one. Most I have seen give hairline a borderline, giving it a cartoonish look. Thats something you should keep in mind. (This drawing of yours dosent have them, but still this is something important)
      No one can do hair, photographicly correct. There is just so much noise in hair. And never ever ever draw every single strain. thats impossible, and you will end up with all black hair, even if its a blond.
      What you need to focus on, when doing hair, is the light and shadow shapes. And then pinpoint the places were there is a lot of light/shadow and focus on them.

Hmm yes, its actually what you preffere using. Personally, I use charcoal pencils, but thats just caurse it gives me the colour BLACK, a thing a normal lead pencil never can do. (There will always be a slight silver effect, which I really dont like) ;)

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan