• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      leopardprints67
      Participant

I went to a shop yesterday inquiring about apprenticeships and the apprentice they have can’t even DRAW. I was watching her pathetic attempts at a table in the waiting room and my 4 yr old step daughter could have done better.
      But she DID have big tits showcased in a low cut top, an inch of make up and no brains. And she said, “Like” a whole lot.

Seriously…wtf? Oh, and I was rejected. I went in and showed off my portfolio and my portraiture and I could tell they were impressed. But they said no. They didn’t say why, but I strongly expect it’s because I’m 44 and not glamorous enough for them. And the search goes on. And on. And on. *sighs*

Viper65

Dont let it beat you…be strong, whats that saying? When one door closes another one opens?? ;)

TexasPT

Sorry that didn’t work out for you. Unfortunately it is up to the shop who they bring on and it doesn’t always have to be on artistic merits.

DISCLAIMER: I have no filter between my brain and mouth and typically call it like I see it. Not trying to be a dick, but sometimes being a little less “soft” makes a stronger point.

I’m not saying this is right, or fair, or correct, or anything positive…but it is what it is. Your talent is obvious…but repeatedly you mention girls with tits hanging out, and bodies, etc. You think that is why you are not getting a shot. Maybe it is…I can’t say since I’m not there. You could be abrasive in person with such a sense of entitlement that you put off owners from the get go…I really don’t know. (your online persona doesn’t suggest that) Why not take the physical factor out of the equation?

Six months is what it takes to transform a body. I don’t care what you look like now…you can be a hard-body, head turning , get the job because of your ass and not your portfolio kind of person. It takes commitment that most people don’t have or are not willing to make. If you honestly believe your talent is being overshadowed by Barbie’s firm ass….fix yours. Level the playing field.

I fix physiques for a living, and I’ve fixed my own. Now I use big arms and broad shoulders to attract soccer moms and their wallets my way. I’m not ashamed to say I use physical aesthetics to land clients. It’s great marketing and it keeps me healthy.

You can’t always control the situations you encounter but you can control your reaction to them. You can either bitch that it isn’t fair…or step up and turn the tables your direction. If you want help on getting started just PM me. I can give you a map but it will be up to you to follow it.

Mark

Viper65

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm………..I read this earlier and i thought, eh, ok. Then i started to think a bit more about it. Why should anybody have to change who they are just to fit in? I mean, if that’s something you want to do then so be it..but why would you have to change your figure to get a job for a tattoo shop of all things? Ive been in plenty of shops and seen the “people” who work at them. Seriously, most of those broads i wouldnt go near on any given day, most could kick my ass, and the rest are just tattoo whores. Ive only been in maybe 2 shops where they had some classy ladies working, serious about their art, and even then didnt look like barbie dolls. Personally, if it were me i woudnt change a thing to get a job at a tattoo shop…hell they wouldnt hire me anyway, Im too damn old (46), dont have nearly enough tattoo’s to suit them (5), and im way too clean cut.
      I like to work out…basically cause there’s nothing better to do, i feel good when i work out and i look good when i work out. I think it also for some reason makes people respect me more when they see i go to the gym and im not a slouch. As far as having tatt’s i think for some reason i also get a bit of respect from the younger crowd..like, “that old man got ink so he must be pretty cool”…that kinda shit. Ive never changed WHO I AM or what i look like to get a job though.
      On a side note……..and in your defense Mark. I fully and wholeheartdly, will tell you that working out is addictive and youll love the effects it has on your body, mind and spirit.

:D ;) :ugeek: :ugeek: …..be cool!

TexasPT

Nobody should have to change or be expected to in order to fit the ideals of another person. I firmly believe that.

Lysa believes she is being over-looked because she isn’t Barbie-esque. I ‘m just saying remove that variable and you’ll know if that is really why.

My post was about removing variables…nothing more.

Viper65

I feel you bro..no harm, no foul.

:D

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan