• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hey there,
      I was wondering if ther is any way to clean tattoo equipment without using an auto clave? Not a needle itself as I throw them out after every use, but the tip that holds the needle.. not sure of the actual name of the part but its metal, I also have plastic ones and full disposable grips. Autoclaves are so expensive, I have kept them in a plastic bag just incase there is a way. Thought maybe boiling it in hot water for a long time but not to sure how safe that is.. Opinions anyone? Any soap or something I can boil it in to sanitize it 100%

robroy289
      Participant

Do not boil them and do not reuse them!!! You MUST have a autoclave!!!! Use all disposable tubes and needles. You can get them at NeedleSupply.com .You can order them in singles and there is no min. on the orders. Plus they have a tube and needle sizing chart that will help you get the right tube for the right needle. I cannot stress to you enough to use all disposable when first starting out and even when becoming professional. Yes the stuff gets a little expensive, but that’s just the ways it goes but you owe it to the other person or client, to make sure him or her doesn’t contract some kind of infection or disease…

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

you cant boil because neither your stove nor your pot are sterile so its not going to do anything
      you also dont get the pressure, nor air flow a tattoo autoclave has
      its not just heat, its also pressure, and air flow so the pressurized and heated air can flow into the small cracks and hole of the tube
      you should also learn all your machien parts
      the t”thing that holds the needle” has three parts, tube, grip, and inkwell or tip, and set screws

the only safe way to do it is to use everything disposable that you can. thats your best bet

Okay cool, didnt re use btw haha was just checking, thank you :)
      Gunna thrpw them out now, yes I guess I ment the Inkwell

leena

In order to prevent the spread of disease and infection, tattoo equipment is sterilized before and after each time it is used. The most reliable and trusted means of doing this is to place the tattoo equipment into an autoclave, a device that produces extreme levels of pressure and heat to destroy contaminates. Autoclaves can be very expensive, however, and are sometimes not the best option for an independent tattoo artist. Fortunately, there are chemicals that can be purchased for a fraction of an autoclave’s cost that will thoroughly sterilize your tattoo equipment.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan