• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      MiniFox

OK here goes…
      I have two machines and have not had any problems until recently. First I noticed that it seemed like my power supply was going in and out. I realized that it was actually not showing that I had power going to my machine (the little light would waver or go on and off) so I figured it was my clip cord or something wrong with the machine itself. I tried tinkering with my machine to get connection and it would go on and off but still no power. Then all of a sudden one of the machines gets no power at all. So I try the seconds machine and it works for about 2 hours then it gets the wavering thing happening, tried all the same stuff agian and still nothing.
      I thought GREAT I have crap machines so time for better ones (it was time anyways). I shelled out the money and bought a higher end machine. I set it all up and now I have a consistent connection but still no power running to the machine.
      So my question is, how do I know what is wrong? Is it my clip cord or is it my foot pedal or is the whole power supply just junk? I want to replace everyhting and upgrade to better parts but in the mean time I now have a good machine and I would at least like to try it out to see if helps my work improve.

Any help would be great. THANKS!!!

Jester
      Participant

I use an RCA connection and I had the same problem.
      It turned out that one of the solder connections wa loose inside the terminal.
      I’d say to check you cord first. It may have pulled loose for plugging it in and out.

MiniFox

Everything seems to be tiight. I even took my machines apart and put them back together thinking something might have come loose. That’s why I can’t figure out what’s wrong. The real question I guess is do I just start buying new parts and replace them one at a time to figure out what is wrong?

Back yard mechanics do this… that’s why you pay the real mechanics to fix your car. They don’t just pick something and say “let’s see if this works”.

I HATE being called a scratcher and cannot wait until I can answer real questions instead of asking them.

Thanks

Viper65

@MiniFox wrote:

OK here goes…
      I have two machines and have not had any problems until recently. First I noticed that it seemed like my power supply was going in and out. I realized that it was actually not showing that I had power going to my machine (the little light would waver or go on and off) so I figured it was my clip cord or something wrong with the machine itself. I tried tinkering with my machine to get connection and it would go on and off but still no power. Then all of a sudden one of the machines gets no power at all. So I try the seconds machine and it works for about 2 hours then it gets the wavering thing happening, tried all the same stuff agian and still nothing.
      I thought GREAT I have crap machines so time for better ones (it was time anyways). I shelled out the money and bought a higher end machine. I set it all up and now I have a consistent connection but still no power running to the machine.
      So my question is, how do I know what is wrong? Is it my clip cord or is it my foot pedal or is the whole power supply just junk? I want to replace everyhting and upgrade to better parts but in the mean time I now have a good machine and I would at least like to try it out to see if helps my work improve.

Any help would be great. THANKS!!!

I think you actually answered your own question……If the PS showed no power its probably getting weak in the Rheostat or some component is heating up and the heatsink cant handle it…..the waivering light was a good indication that the problem lies in the power and not the clipcord or pedal.

MiniFox

I finally figured it out and now I feel dumb. But I wanted to share anyways since some other newbie might run into this.

I cleaned evreything and I mean E V E R Y T H I N G!!! Except my foot pedal. There was a build up between the foot pedal pieces!

My new machine (Hidlbrandt .44 Magnum) sounds like a dream. While the other two machines do now work they sound like total crap compared to this!
      Time to toss them or have them rebuilt, maybe do that on my own so I can truly understand more about what it is I am trying to do.

Thank you guys for not ragging on me. I don’t know if I will make it in this awesome trade but it is my dream and I think we all need to have one to hold on to.

Viper65

:D Glad to hear you got it all sorted out!!!!!!! :D

MiniFox

Thank you!!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan