• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      tornpresence

Hey guys,
      So im having some trouble with colors, my black/grey work is good, but i cannot do color at all. When i lay the ink the only way is putting it in solid, i cant do a like a shade which i can do in greys if u know what i mean. and my color always come out blotchy or doesnt hold and always inconsitent. im new to this site so ill try to add a pic of my black/grey work and one of my color. I just got a new machine which suppose to be a color packer (spring/armature bar) but im not positive that will make a difference. Ah i just need advice how to put color ink in! Thanks!

tornpresence

This is one of my black and grey work, first session

tornpresence

This is one of my color work, as u can see solid is decent but when i try to shade or anything other then solid, it comes out horribly :-/

When you say ‘shade’, I am guessing that you mean a lighter application of color, rather than blending one color into another? If you mean lighter application, I would suggest watering down the colored ink as you would water down black to make greywash :) I find that my color packer acts very much like a shading machine, with very minimal ink insertion on a first pass, and needs going over the area a few times to get the proper saturation, but because the machine hits so softly, it doesn’t chew the skin up in the process :) If you mean you are trying to blend colors, then I would suggest in addition to the fully colored area in the dark ink, do an area a few mm around it at say 50% saturation, then when you use the next color, over lap that color over the 50% area, so the two colors mix in the skin, before then going on to the area of full color. Kind of hard to describe what I’m meaning… For example

2 cm circle of solid red ink
      Then have a 5mm ring of 50% red ink (not watered down pigment, but only one or two passes so the area is not fully saturated)
      Then have a 15mm ring of yellow ink, starting at the edge of the 2cm circle. That will then make the 5mm ring of red ink become a 5mm ring of orange ink and create a 1cm ring of yellow ink outside of the ‘mixed’ area.

Hope that’s of help :)

TexasPT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qoRvnnEu8w

This video was very helpful. I was (am) struggling a bit with the same stuff. After watching this video I’ve practiced a bit, only on practice skin, but was able to really blend 1000x better than previously.

Atchitol

Damn phone won’t load that vid. I gotta go to the library and check that shit! Nice koi!

Viper65

I cant see shit….all the pictures on this site are so small its hard to make anything out!!!! :cry:

hutongsa

@KitchenWizard wrote:

When you say ‘shade’, I am guessing that you mean a lighter application of color, rather than blending one color into another? If you mean lighter application, I would suggest watering down the colored ink as you would water down black to make greywash :) I find that my color packer acts very much like a shading machine, with very minimal ink insertion on a first pass, and needs going over the area a few times to get the proper saturation, but because the machine hits so softly, it doesn’t chew the skin up in the process :) If you mean you are trying to blend colors, then I would suggest in addition to the fully colored area in the dark ink, do an area a few mm around it at say 50% saturation, then when you use the next color, over lap that color over the 50% area, so the two colors mix in the skin, before then going on to the area of full color. Kind of hard to describe what I’m meaning… For example

Then have a 5mm ring of 50% red ink (not watered down pigment, but only one or two passes so the area is not fully saturated)
      Then have a 15mm ring of yellow ink, starting at the edge of the 2cm circle. That will then make the 5mm ring of red ink become a 5mm ring of orange ink and create a 1cm ring of yellow ink outside of the ‘mixed’ area.

I learned it from you.Thanks.And this is a tattoo website:www.tattoodiy.com.If you want any tattoo supply ples search on it.we can give you our bargain price for you.

hoger

@hutongsa wrote:

@KitchenWizard wrote:

I learned it from you.Thanks.And this is a tattoo website:http://www.tmart.com.If you want any tattoo supply ples search on it worldwide free shipping.we can give you our bargain price for you.

torifgarder

I think, you should dilute the ink. You should add a dilute agent like white tattoo ink. Then you should examine this mixture by pouring some drops with clean paper.

I am wondering that you mean a brighter program of shade, rather than mixing one shade into another? If you mean brighter program, I would recommend water down the shaded ink as you would water down dark to make greywash I discover that my shade packer functions very much like a covering machine

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan