• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

ok i have been practicing on pig skin , practice skin and so on ( no bodies body yet . and i have it down pat how to assemble the machine how to load the liner needles and how to line and how deep to go , but when it comes to the coloring in i have been told to use a magnum , but it spits ink once loaded and im pretty sure im not loading it right . and do i need to do small circles or cross hatch or what , its just tearing up the pig skin and practice skin , can you tell me what i am doing wrong .

Depends. To color with mag:
      you need to have machine setup right
      You need to load the needle right
      make sure you have the right tubes for coloring
      are you coloring solid or shading gradients?
      you can scrub, hatch, or pack
      different methods…
      do you have Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo –
      a lot of this is covered in the book –
      if you have a copy email me directly – i will try to answer as many questions as possible
      [email protected]
      Best of luck
      (oh and try to get an apprenticeship – most of this stuff has to be shown to you first hand – hard to read about / watch videos)

erocktattoo

If you look at the needle bar where the needles are soldered on make you will notice that the bar overlaps the needle group. Make sure you load it so the needles are under and that they rest squarely on in the tube. Also make sure the eye of the bar is snug (not tight) on the armature bar nipple. If it’s not snug the bar will shake around and cause ink to splatter. You could even be running the machine too fast.

Practice skin is harder to tattoo. I’m good friends with Angelo, the guy who first sold the starter skins. If you learn on fake skin you will overwork real skin as real skin is more fragile. I have tattooed lots of fake skin just to have some cool tattoos to hang on the wall. Eric Negron, who did all the skins you on Angelo’s website says the same thing. They are just very hard to work.

erick alayon
      http://www.tattoorediscovery.com

Check out the KingPin Disposible Tubes –
      The dark blue ones –
      Might help you out a bit too –
      Quality of tubes makes a big difference

LauraP

Thanks for sharing these tips. I’m also practicing in a faked skin but its hard. Need a lot of patience.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan