• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      KJ32

Hi guys I have a custom built colour packer but no matter what I do the colour will not go in solid, I have Eikon springs 16 rear and 18 front long spring, what should the contact gap be and what o’clock should the contact screw be pointing to I am doing the slow small tight circles and using mags also doing the 3 point stretch but it’s not good, I am using eternal, waverly and moms ink.

Any help appreciated

robroy289
      Participant

OK, your contact screw should be around between 2 and 3 o’clock ,and contact be around the thickness of a nickle ( give or take),. But also what size coils are you using? And what kind of mags? You also can use double stacked mags that work well for color. When coloring a tattoo i use one of the three mag sizes depending on the size of the tattoo 5M1, 7M1, 9M1, or i also use 13M2 and 9M2.. The larger mags have never really worked well for me and i only use them for large areas and back tattoo’s. I don’t know if you know this or not, but i didn’t when i started, just because it says size 13,15 or even 20 mag and there must be more needles and it will pack color faster but in most cases you can get in and out with ease with a smaller mag. At least thats what works for me.. Check out youtube and type in (tuning a color packer tattoo machine). I hope this helps.. This summer i hope to be able to put out some of my own tip on youtube and i will keep you guys posted..

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

for a colour packer I also like to have a heavier machine, with a heavier armature bar :)

jtdaltonsr

make sure the bottom of your armeture bar is the proper distance from the spring shelf. contact screw gap should be a nickel to start off, adjust to your hand after that. the contact screw on my machine is about 1 oclock. Also, get yourself a small magnifying glass, and when you have your needle on armeture bar, rubberbands evenly on, and sitting in needle tube,use the magnifying glass and make sure the needles sit flat on the bottom of the tip. this is a common mistake that most people dont think alot about. This will cause ink to pool up and sputter, and will not go in the skin properly. good luck and hope this helps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan