• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

New project of mine.
      This is for my brother in law, he is quite the adventurer, and he asked me to come with an idea for a tattoo. For him and his 4 adventure buddies. He has an idea of including a compass in it, that’s his only criteria for it.
      Of his endeavours, he swam from my home town, to an island. Not that great of a deal, but he did it, in the biggest hurricane in danish history, a category 1 Hurricane, were roof tiles actually came of, and trees were torn from the ground. He dived the Little Belt Bridge and the Great Belt Bridge He ran the great wall of china. Hiked through Australia. Dived in countless oceans. Climbed mountains and so on.

So my idea for this tattoo, is making a compass, and then include all of his adventures, making room for it to grow. Like JDawnPearls Kid Charm idea. :D
      But I’m a bit lost on the design of it, now you dont have to draw anything, just bring your ideas. And I will be over joyed, if you guys gave a hand :D

Infamous
      Participant

Hmm. Well I don’t know if you’ll like it but the first idea I had would be to make it like a map and do the two hemispheres of the globe and just put little symbols symbolizing what he had done on the places he had done them. That should leave plenty of room for more things

Lennart82
      Participant

Hmm, could be a good idea. Make the globe, and the compass on top… Perhaps…. Hmmm still need to think a bit more on it.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

good thing i didnt post earlier!
      i JUST read infamous’ post now and i was going to say a map as well and i would have looked dumb repeating him lmao

Lennart82
      Participant

Repetition is good. It only shows that the idea isn’t all that bad hahahaha

Wyki

Where does he want this done? The map idea is a good one. You can do it on his foreamr like a guantlet and make the compass near his wrist? :P :roll: nah just a crazy idea… :P

Infamous
      Participant

I would do it as a ginormous back-piece, but it would look good much smaller as a sleeve as well. Or even a chest piece, but if I remember correctly your bro already has a heart on his chest?

Lennart82
      Participant

Go big… Big is better :D

He, unfortunately destroyed both his arms, by getting tribal tattoos from fingers to neck. So arms are a no go for him. But I think a good place, could be on his shoulderblade.

About the sieze… Well no larger then hmm 5,9″ x 5,9″ (hope this is the correct cm to inch converting hahaha)

JDawnPearls

I really like this idea. Do you remember seeing a treasure map that had those red tracer marks of all the routes that were taken? Like a pirate’s map? Maybe the Compass would be a center piece and you could have a symbol for each adventure be mapped out by the “trail line” you find on a map.. Each “destination” is traveled to and obviously, new destination a new trail leads to it…. just an idea.

Infamous
      Participant

Oh, I like that idea too. With a simple red x marking each adventure. Kind of an old fashioned style.

Lennart82
      Participant

Yes thats definatly an idea thats workable. :D

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan