• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      SparX

Hey there, I’m SparX. Because I don’t like my real name on the internet =D
      I’m 20 yrs old (21 on feb. 17) and married a year on feb 28. I honestly can think of no way to describe myself in a way that wouldn’t make any good professional want to slap me…….
      I’ve been told I’m a tattooist nightmare, because I’m young and will recklessly abuse the gun/the people/my work. I have looked into tattoo apprenticeships around my area, with little avail. It was actually a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I got told because I was a female, they didn’t want me in the shop. Another told me that because of my music interests (psychopathic records aka Juggalo music) I was not fit to apprenticeship and even raised the price on what they would do to color in my tattoos (2in x 1in hatchetman) from a $100 basis to $400. Yet another asked for a 5k advance and a 3 yr wait list(if I even made the spot).
      I was put into an apprenticeship by a home business, Who seemed legit with all their paperwork and licenses and “9 years experience”. Yet they put botched tattoos on me (Including some dicks in my A7X coffin), stole my artwork , and never payed me for my art ( an agreed $30 basis the payer would give, half and half for the artist and the shop). Needless to say, I formally told them to suck it.
      My goal is to be a business woman with a tri-business focused on body modification. I understand that my road will be very very hard, and many people will critique me and find me the worst thing to happen……. But as my dream, I will say I approve of constructive criticism. I’m starting absolutely brand new, fresh. Going to be taking business classes and a few more art classes to expand my talents and understanding. My husband surprised me with a Tattoo kit. Getting as many oranges and grapefruits as possible, along with pigskin.
      I guess the best thing to say is I hope you will all be helpful and understanding, and I hope I can get some honest and real help from peoples =)

From this day forward you should call your “Gun” a machine. Guns kill people, machines that is tattoo machine allow artists to create tattoo art. Glad you are going to seek your dreams. Good luck… BTW just bustin balls on the “gun” thing. But it’s true…. ;)

SparX

Right after I got offline I started reading the book and learned that XD but thanks so much fr bustin them and keeping me on track XD Sometimes I need it =D

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome! Its sounds like you have had a all around bad experience with the tattoo industry so far! Don’t worry we are not all like that. Just stick around and ask questions, and you will find some real good people here who really wana help you out!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan